Chapter 1

LIFE IS NEVER EASY Zara knew that one thing for sure. Being a princess is never easy she knew that but not everyone did. Being judged and matching expectations of everyone at every step of her life was never easy for her and she will never get used to it. She walked through the entrance of the royal palace of Lucknow where the royals resided. Walking a few steps she saw her mamu ( Mother's brother) and mumani( Mother's brother's wife).

She walked over there and greeted both
"Assalamwalekum"

"Walekum Assalam"
Both of them replied to her salam looking at her while her mumani, Aiza Rafiq Mehmood looked at her taunted

"Toh aa gayi shehzadi? Kaha thi Inaya tum? Kab se tumhara intezaar kar rahe hai tumhare mamu. Jara sa khayal nahi hai tumhe unka. Tumhe pal pos ke bada kiya par kya bole ehsaan faramosh nikli tum."

[So you came? Where were you Inaya? Your Uncle is waiting for you since so long. You are not even bothered. We have taken care of you since you were child. Such unfortunate child you are]

Zara didn't replied back to her for a while, she can if she wanted but she can't. They gave her shelter when her own father turned his back on her she can't be a ungrateful brat can she?

"Maafi chahti hu mumani pata nahi tha mamu intezaar kar rahe the office main kuch kaam tha isliye late ho gaya aane main."
Zara responded in a cold tone leaving no trace of guilt in her voice. Making her mumani more angry, maybe they needed to understand that's how they made her, cold and uncaring. She has no one who will worry about her nor no one who is really hers. Except one.

[I am sorry Aunty but I didn't knew that Uncle was waiting for me. There was some work in office that's the reason I am late]

Her mamu, Rafiq Nazim Mehmood watched back and forth between her and her mumani and showed his hand as a sign to be silent while the protest for her mumani died down. He looked at her and commanded

"Aaj ke din ke liye maaf kar raha hu agli baar se waqt ka khayal rakho. Yaha ki shehzadi bana ke rakha hai  toh aapne izzat aur rutbe dono ka khayal karo."

[I am sparing you for today but take care next time. We have made you princess of this estate. So take care of your respect and pride]

"Jii mamu"

[Yes uncle]

Zara responded affrimatively and asked the permission to leave but her mamu stopped her and informed

"Rishta dhoondh rahe hai aapke liye. Tayar rahe. Aapne kamre main jaa sakti haii aap aab"

[We are finding a match for you. Be ready. You can go in your room now]

Zara froze after hearing what her mamu said and tried to voice out her opinion but her mamu showed his hand and spoke

"Mujhe koi aitraaz nahi sunna. Tayar ho aur aapne kamre mein chali jao"

[I don't want to hear any disapproval
Be ready and go in your room]

Nonetheless Zara quietly left for her room while her mamu and mumani also left after she walked past the stairs.

Zara quietly entered her room and locked her door, unpinned her hijab and let her hair loose. She let out a sigh after feeling a deep contentment of her loose hairs. She walked inside the bathroom and freshned up and offered her Isha salah and sat peacefully on her prayer mat. Pondered upon what her mamu said to her. Now the question was how the heck was she going to tell him that she is already married? To be more precise to an Arab prince or to be king. He will skin her alive if she tells him about all the fiasco happened five years ago. Her mamu and mumani were always against the idea of her opening her own business but that thing was that she does wanted to be dependent on them again.