An Interesting Turn of Events

No one's POV

A while later, Amber wakes up from her rest. She's confused on where she is, and why she's lying on something.. bodily? She looks down, to where she sees Tara beneath her in a peaceful sleep.

Amber blushed and quickly got off of her, careful not to wake the shorter girl up. She realises she's in the nurse's office due to what had happened a while ago. They'd already apologised to each other for what had happened, but Amber still felt a trickle of guilt in her. When Tara wakes up, she was going to fully apologise.

She sat on the stool the nurse had given her and patiently waited for Tara to wake up. She scrolled on her phone and texted Mindy to come over.

'You invited me to the nurse's office? That's interesting-'

'Keep it down! Tara's asleep,' Amber whisper-yelled to Mindy.

'Sorry, sorry,' She quickly apologised. 'Why's she here? Did she get injured?' She asked worryingly.

'No, she's fine. Just something happened between us,' 

'What? What happened?' 

'I'd rather not talk about it right now. Tara can tell you,' Amber frowned, looking at her lap.

'Okay.. You didn't beat her up, right?' Mindy half-joked.

'What? No, are you manic? I wouldn't hurt her,' She looked at Mindy with disgust. The fact she came to that conclusion disturbed her.

'Right, I forgot you guys are love birds,' Mindy rolled her eyes, wavering her hands around.

'For the last time we're not? Jesus Christ,' she muttered under her breath, clenching her fists.

'Well, do you want to be?' Mindy smirked, enjoying annoying Amber.

Amber hesitated for a bit, not wanting the love she had for Tara to take over her. 

'No, no I don't,' She stated firmly.

'You hesitated, and it was obvious,' Mindy cooed, her smirk becoming larger. Amber just rolled her eyes and slouched over the stool, her legs wide with her phone in the grasp of her hands. 

The bed ruffled which caught Mindy and Amber's attention. The shorter girl yawned and stretched her arms, smiling weakly at Amber.

'Uh, what about me?' Mindy frowned, trying to refrain a grin.

'Oh Mindy you're here,' Tara laughed, running her fingers through her hair.

'Yeah, Amber called me out here. She missed your company,'

'Shut up Mindy!' Amber snapped.

Mindy rolled her eyes and looked over at Tara, who was smirking ever so slightly.

'I'll leave you guys be, I have a class to attend to,'

'Look at you being all into school. That's crazy,' Amber gasped sarcastically, receiving a look from Mindy. She walked out the office, closing the door behind her.

Amber grinned and looked towards Tara. 'So, how are you feeling?' 

'I'm feeling better, I think it was just a one time thing. I was really overstimulated then so my mind was racing,' Tara rubbed her temples and sighed. There was a silence between the two girls but it wasn't awkward.

'Tara, I'm still sorry about today. I still want to make up for it,' Amber frowned. Not because she had to make up, but because of the things she caused. 

'I'll do whatever you want to do; movies, walks, car drives.. even a date would be nice,' She unconsciously whispered the last part, just below hearing range.