Oh?

Tara's POV

'Wait.. Is that Amber?? Since when did she work here??'

'You good babe?' Wes asked.

'Yeah I'm good. Just looking around,' I sighed, but it hitched.

'Alright, I'm gonna head to the boys. You'll find me?' 

I nodded. Wes walked away and I was left by myself. I looked over at Amber who was far enough, but she was still recognisable. She was wearing a tucked in black polo shirt with black pants. Her hair lay perfectly over her shoulders as usual as she was serving people.

It seemed that she had noticed me as she stopped serving people and walked near me, leaning on a pillar.

'Interesting to see you here, Carpenter,' She smiled, her brown eyes digging into mine.

'Y-yeah hi,' I replied nervously. I'll smack myself for it later.

'You okay? You're a bit red,' She observed, walking nearer and putting her right hand on my forehead, the other supporting my chin.

'Yeah.. just not used to being in bars,' I reassured her as she removed her hands. I felt a bit down at the loss of contact but I quickly wiped the feeling away.

'Good to hear you're not ill,' She smiled. 'You're with Wes I'm guessing?'

'He wanted to check the place out. He's with his friends currently.'

'So he left a pretty girl here to find her way around?' She smirked. 'He's a let down.' 

'Y-yeah, I'll manage my way around so it's okay,' I flushed at the comment and rubbed my arm.

'Stay with me for a bit?' Amber asked, offering her hand.

I hesitated a bit. I didn't want to ditch Wes, but at the same time he ditched me in a way.

'Of course,' I smiled, taking her hand.

She led me to the long bar table with the stools, and I sat opposite of her. 

'Would you like anything? From water, soft drinks to alcohol,' Amber offered.

'Water for now, please.' I smiled. 'For now? Suggesting you drink?' Amber smirked, preparing a glass with ice.

'Never tried yet, although I'd give it a shot here,'

'This bar must be good then,' She replied. Amber handed her the glass of water, in which Tara thanked her.

'Mm, that's good water,' Amber took out a napkin and lightly wiped the side of Tara's mouth.

'You got some water dripping there,' She smirked. 'Okay miss.. miss perfectionist whipping out the napkin and everything,' I scoffed jokingly, blushing a bit.

'You're welcome,' She smiled.

Tara and Amber talked for a good while, talking about whatever came to mind. 

'God, I don't remember having a full-blown conversation with you,' Amber said, resting her elbows on the table, hands cupping her face.

'Same, we always had just small talk, but that's alright too,' 

'I always wanted something more with you..' Amber mumbled, but Tara picked it up.

'What was that? Didn't hear good,' I giggled, fiddling with the glass tapping it with one finger and then the other.

'Oh nothing, don't worry about it,' She reassured.

'Okayy,'

'I think lover boy is looking for you,' She frowned slightly, a bit disheartened.