Chapter 1- Meet Avantika Rathore and Viraj Shekhawat

Hampton International School, Delhi - grade 12 Avantika Rathore was a very fun loving and outgoing girl. Daughter of one of the biggest business tycoon of Delhi, Adhiraj and Malavika Rathore. She comes from a very rich and well-connected household, yet she was a very down to earth and kind girl. Never once did she show attitude towards anyone. She was one of the toppers of her grade. Anshikaa Singhania was her one and only best friend as she did not believe in having a big group of fake friend. Anshikaa   was the daughter of Raghubir and Tanuja Singhania, Adhiraj's business partner. They have been friends since their childhood and have grown together. Avantika and Anshikaa weren't the dream girls of the school, but were popular because of their status.

Viraj Shekhawat was a kind but cold person, he was very emotional but he never let his emotions reach his face. He believed that showing everyone your true personality doesn't help, but makes you weaker, hence only people he chose to be open with knew who he was and no one else. His parents were the owners of The Shekhawat Groups- Again a very popular name in the business world. Both Raj and Meera Shekhawat were very well established in their own fields as the CEOs of the different companies under the Shekhawat groups. They were well-connected amongst the politicians and the underworld. Viraj had a gang of six friends including him; Rehaan Malhotra, Arshad Shah, Daiwik Agnihotri, Aayansh Mittal and Dev Ahuja.  They were the sons of the Board of Directors of the Shekhawat Groups. Except for Viraj everyone in the group were average in studies, but equally handsome to make girls drool over them. They were extremely popular in their school, especially amongst the girls, but Viraj was always in the spotlight. The guy every girl at least in 12th grade wanted to date, but for all they knew it would just be a dream that would never come true.

Avantika Rathore POV-

The recess just started; I have two options. Given my topper image I could go join the extra study classes or go meet ika (Anshikaa) at her class.  I mean im obviously going there to meet my best friend, it's not my fault if my crush is in the same class as hers. so 12B it is...

" ohoo jiji ko dekhne aayi hai kya?" ika asked me. " hat yaar, tujhe dekhne aayi hun" " chup rhe anvi mai tujhe acche se jaanti hun. Jiju canteen me hai" she was smirking and her smirk was enough to make me realize that I was probably a blushing mess by now. " canteen chalegi?" I asked knowing very well she was going to tease me for this the whole day. "chal" she winked at me and we made our way towards the canteen. Omg!!! I saw him " how can someone look so hot" I murmured under my breadth but I don't think it was a murmur. Yes, ika had heard me " come let's ask the man himself, Viraj!!" she screamed across the canteen, all eyes on us. I hit her hard on her back in order to show her how mad I was at her decision, but it was too late. Viraj had seen us, and he gestured us to go join them. He was with Daiwik, Aayansh and his other best friends. Ika and I walked towards their table, my heart beat increasing with every step that's bringing us closer. I mustered all the courage I had and finally managed to say " hello".  All his friends replied with heys' or hi's but he just shook his head. " Anvi sorry I mean Avantika wants to join our project and because she is in 'A' section it wont even be a problem for us" Ika said. "Avantika right?" I heard Viraj's voice. Yes I like THE VIRAJ SHEKHAWAT the starboy of our school, I just nodded in a yes. " Are you sure you want to join our group?" he asked. I wasn't very keen on joining their group but seeing Ika's glare in my direction, I had to give in. " Yes, I'm sure." I replied with the most genuine smile I have. " excuse us, will be back in five" Ika said pulling me towards the restroom with her. " why do you always act so strange around Viraj. Anvi , for god sake you have liked him since fourth grade." " I have, but have you seen us ? He's not even my friend Ika and he rejects all girls who propose to him" " yaar, can you at least try to be friends with him Anvi? For me please?" " Fine, I'll  think about it." I said. I know I should try to befriend him but I'm too scared to face rejection. But now that we're having lunch together after years I can try  being friendly.

Viraj Shekhawat POV-

I was in the canteen with my friends and I saw Anshikaa coming with Avantika and I was really hoping they were coming here, and I Hear Anshikaa shout my name " Viraj" I gesture them to come sit with us. Avantika was flustered, she was probably mad with Anshikaa as she punched her back, and it surely wasn't as friendly, playful as it should be, but anyway they had to come. When they walked up to our table Avantika greeted us saying "hello" everyone replied to her but I just shook my head not quite prepared to face her after how I had behaved with her though it had been years since that matter. Anshikaa said Anvi wanted to join our group for the term project. "Avantika right?" I asked her, hoping she would say I could call her Anvi, but no progress there. " Are you sure you want to join our group?" I asked her trying to make sure she wasn't forced into this by anyone. She simply replied saying she was sure about it. Suddenly Anshikaa just pulled Anvi towards the restroom which looked pretty strange, yet I had to let it go as I was in no place to ask. What made me happy was that they were having lunch with us and it had been years since I had spent some quality time with Anvi.

Flashback

Avantika was just promoted to 4th grade. She didn't really have friends other than ika and they were separated as they were put into different classes. She wasn't able to cope up with the fact that she had been separated from her one and only friend. She was feeling very sad and left out until Viraj went and sat next to her. He asked her why she was feeling low and she told him about being separated by Ika and Viraj tried to comfort her. He assured her that he would try his best to make her feel included and be a good friend to her. He always made sure she was smiling and entertained her when she was not. They always had lunch together. Until one weekend which changed everything. The Viraj who returned from this Weekend wasn't the Viraj he was to Avantika anymore.  

Hi, this is your author AK. I hope you liked the first chapter and are looking forward towards what the coming chapters bring your way. I have just one request from you guys, please do not re-post scenes from this book without my permission as this is purely my imagination and the credits and the rights on this book are mine.

Please leave a vote if you like the chapter and want quicker updates. Till next time. XOXO