North London's New Fan

Last night's premier of Challenging the West went very well, a large crowd, lovely people, and of course some drinks with friends. I hadn't been to London in a long time, so I made sure that I at least had two days to myself here in my schedule. I have a tour coming up in about a month and rehearsals start in two weeks, so I don't have much time of freedom left. I was releasing my new album Powers on July 14. I also was in the movie Challenging the West and a couple other things, but I was taking a break from acting for my tour. I had been getting a lot of attention for my acting recently due to the trailers for this movie, everyone seemed to love my character and it made me happy.

I have always loved soccer, I played for the longest time, so I decided to go to an Arsenal vs Aston Villa women's game while I was here. I did not know much about either of these teams except they were in the WSL, but I knew a few players from their respective national teams. I sat in one of the VIP boxes with one of my friends Renee Wade who had traveled with me for the premier. Immediately stepping out of my car there was security and people taking pictures of me and Renee. We were quickly ushered into a back entrance and lead up to our box. It was an amazing view, center field, and you could see the whole stadium. I could see people taking pictures of me and trying to get my attention, it used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. I have really started enjoying interacting with fans.

The game started and it was back and forth a lot, but Arsenal came out on top. After the game the players interact with the fans and walk around. I could tell they had spotted that I was in a box. I was just about to wave when there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me miss Hart," a tall man I was assuming was security said, "the Arsenal players have requested a picture with you."

"Oh yes of course!" I said enthusiastically.

He led me down the to where the locker room was and out to the field where the players were waiting. As soon as my feet touched the grass of the field, I instantly felt like I was back in college playing. It made me remember how much this sport means to me. It was a whole other type of feeling to take in being on the field of this massive stadium never mind in my little VIP box. Most of the Arsenal team had been walking around still and slowly made their way over to where I now was. The first person that I saw when I walked out on the field was Beth Mead. She quickly walked over and gave me a hug.

"It is so nice to meet you!" She said smiling.

"You as well, great game, very entertaining!"

"Thank you! How come you chose to come to an Arsenal game?"

"If I am being honest, you guys were the first team playing when I looked up the women's team here, so I chose it, but I have also heard great things about your team."

"I get that. Well as a team we all cannot wait to see your new movie."

"Thank you, I am very excited for everyone to be able to watch it, it was a lot of fun to make."

We were cut short by more of the team coming over to say hello. I talked with all of them for a while before we took the much-wanted picture. I hung around and talked with Beth for a bit longer while everyone else had pretty much headed inside. Beth was a very nice woman to speak to and she said I was welcome back anytime. I said my goodbyes and met back up with Renee who had been waiting in the car for me. We decided just to go back to the hotel room and relax seeing as we also had tomorrow to explore.

I looked down at my phone and saw that I had been tagged in a post by arsenalwfc and had been followed by all the arsenal girls. I followed all of them back and decided to make my own post about the game, and I included some old pictures of me playing. Apparently, me going to the game brought me a lot of attention because of my soccer past being brought up by the fans. I didn't mind it though because of my love for this sport.

@kaceyhart14: Being able to step onto that field today, not to play, but to experience something I never had before made me realize how much this sport means to me. Thank you @arsenalwfc for an amazing experience!

Comments:

@bethmead_: you're always welcome x

@arsenalwfc: !!!!!!!

@katie_mccabe11: amazing meeting you!

@leahwilliamsonn: on the way to see your movie right now x