『𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢』

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Running. 

Running away is all I have known to do for the past 10 years. It's what I am best at. Ever since that day, I have been running away from all of my problems. When I close my eyes, everything keeps replaying in my head. Like a goddamn broken record player. I remember it just like as if it happened yesterday.

All the joy and happiness; the smiles and laughs exchanged; the blowing of candles; then the banging of the door and the look of stress and fear on my father's face; all of it I still remember. 

The softness of my sister's palm against mine as we were told to hide in the closet. My whispers of, "It'll be alright. We'll be alright." 

How wrong was I that time. We were never going to be alright after that. As what followed were gun shots and my mother's scream and pleads to spare her life. All I could do was cover my sister's ear so that she wouldn't hear it. But I knew that she could still hear it. It was evident in how she tightly clutched my shirt and how she cried and trembled in my arms. 

After what seemed like a few minutes, the whole house was silent. All I could hear was the muffled cries of my sister and my ragged breath. I gulped and looked at my tear-stricken sister. I whispered to her, "I'll look around, okay? Do not leave this closet until I tell you so. Do you understand me, Tzuyu?" 

All she could do was nod at me and wiped her tears as she looked at me fearfully. "Come back to me, Nayeon-unnie," was her hushed reply. 

"I will, baby Tzu. You're all I have left." I told her this, as I was sure that we no longer have our parents with us. We knew of it. We, I felt it. I couldn't help but to gulp the tears away as I pushed the closet door open. With one look at my sister, I went out of the closet. 

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════

Gruesome. 

That's the word I could use to describe the scene before me. The smell of iron invading my nose and lungs. It made me gag and cover my mouth. The living room that was full of decorations and food were now replaced with vivid red splashes of blood. It was all over the place.

The "Happy Birthday Nayeon & Tzuyu" letters were painted with the mixed blood of my father and mother. The dining table had splatters of blood, and it was still dripping onto the floor as I looked around the house.