The News

Lediana wakes up in her chamber, and looks to see Astarion laying with her stroking her hair, smiling. "Hey there pet." He purrs as he leans down and kisses her lips softly. Her heart beats against her chest and she shivers. When he breaks the kiss, Lediana asks, "What happened?"

"You passed out while we met with everyone." Astarion said, "And Halsin found out your with child." "What? That is not possible." She said. Astarion took her hand in his. "It is darling, and you look so beautiful even more so carrying our child." He said as he kissed her forehead. Tears fell from Lediana's eyes. "What is it my sweet?" he asks. She shakes her head, "I am happy. These are tears of joy." she said. Astarion hears a knock at the door,he looks over at the door. "Enter" he says.

Halsin enters, "I was coming to check on... Oh good your awake." He says smiling. He walks over to her and checks to make sure she is alright. "You look much better now, but still rest for a day or two." He gets up and starts to leave but Astarion asks, "Halsin will sex harm the child?" Halsin turns around chucking. "Not at all." he walks out the room. "Of course that would be the first," Before Lediana finished that sentence Astarion clamps his mount onto hers. His tongue slips into her mouth as it tangles with hers. As he breaks the kiss he whispers. "Your body, is hard not to touch, not to love, I want to make sure I still could without hurting the baby." He kisses her gently. "But, not tonight, you need your rest and tomarrow, we have to meet up with Gale and Shadowheart." Lediana sat up, "Where are we going?" "We have to head back to the druid grove, it seems cultists are threatening the druids there. It means a trek through moonrise, which should be safer now, then we planned to go via the underdark, so should be safe till we get to the grove, but I really don't want you to fight."

Lediana glared, "I am pregnant not an invalid." "I know that my consort, but I don't want harm to come to you or the baby." As Astarion said that, he placed his hand on her belly. She looked at him, and his eyes were soft, sparking, full of love. She melted and placed a hand on his. "With you there beside me, to protect me, I'll be safe." Astarion smiled, "Rest now my love." As he kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. Lediana laid back down, trying to come to terms with the news. She placed a hand on her belly, smiling. She fell asleep rubbing her belly.

Namir, studying a map of the area of the grove trying to see where trouble could be. He did not approve of the decision for Lady Lediana to go, but he has to obey his Master. Regala stood in the doorway of the master's study, smirking. "You know you work far too hard." she said. Namir turned around and looked at her, "Clearly, you don't work enough." he said as he went back to his map. Regala walked up to it, and looked, "Oh wasn't this where the nautilus crashed and our Master and Mistress met?" "Yes, and it looks like the cult took over the grove or are threatening too, either way I am studying it to give them a good route that is safe." "So Master and Mistress are going?" she asked in shock. "Yes, and we are to stay behind and manage here." Namir said. Regala looked at him and said "That must be stuck in your craw." she said as she walked away but Namir spun around, "And what is that supposed to mean?!" "It means you tend to sulk when Master goes anywhere without you." she said teasingly.

Astarion, had walked up and saw them talking and heard was Regala had said, and decided to watch. "Not true, not true at all." Namir growled. "Oh yes it is, you tend to get upset when he leaves, and besides I am going with our Lady so, I will keep them both safe." "I am not upset because Master is going, I am... upset.. because.. anytime Master has gone somewhere... You go with him." he choked out. Regala took a step back in shock, "Wha.. What? That as a spy yes, but if you think for one moment I am sleeping with him.." She did not finish that sentence as Namir strides towards her and crushes his mouth to hers. She kisses him back and they wrap their arms around each other. He breaks the kiss, and says, "I never thought that for a moment, but I... I think I love you. I just don't want to be without you."

Astarion feels a slight tug at his heart, he knows how he'd feel without Lediana and how he did feel when he was away. The fact Namir felt the same, allbeit a spawn, he still cared for his spawn. He was not like Cazador. He clears his throat and both jump and look down at the floor, fearing they are in trouble. "Now now, you are not in trouble. in fact, If you wish to pursue this, you have my blessing. And Namir, you will be coming, I decided." Astarion said as he walked to his desk. Both Regala and Namir, looked up at him stunned. They heard from other spawn how most are forbidden to love or anything, but their master has always been different. Astarion sirs down to look at some files for other magistrates while he is away so they can handle his caseload, "You may go." he said in a dismissive tone. They bow and leave without a word and Astarion as he looks at the files in front of him, smirk. He never thought life could feel this good.