Part 12: Gymnastics

The next morning, Scott woke up early, feeling a mix of nervousness yet determination to make the most out of today. Mrs. Evans helped him with his makeup again and he left his hair the way it was. It was still straight from the day before and he'd have to put it into a pony once he got to gymnastics anyways.

He thought it was best to put on his gymnastics uniform at home, hoping to spare himself the potential embarrassment of changing in front of all the girls. The Adidas shorts clung to him snugly, and he adjusted them carefully, making sure everything was in its right place. He put on the rest of the uniform making note of Sophie Campbell stitched on the back of the shirt. He shook his head in disappointment. He then pulled on a pair of sweatpants over the shorts, feeling a sense of security in the extra layer.

With his regular uniform packed in his bag, he headed to school, his steps a mix of confidence and trepidation

When he arrived at the Arbury, he headed towards the change room. It didn't feel right going into a place like that. He had been waiting to use the washroom until he got back home for the same reason. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do. The other girls at the school didn't know his secret so as long as he wasn't a creep, it'd be fine.

When he walked into the change room, Gracie was there, her bright smile immediately putting him at ease.

"Hey, Sophie! You ready for your first gymnastics practice?" Gracie asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Scott nodded, trying to shake off his nerves. "Yeah, I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I guess."

As he took off his sweatpants and tied his hair into a ponytail, Gracie asked, "Did you do gymnastics back in Canada?"

Scott shook his head. "No, this is completely new to me."

Gracie's smile widened. "You're going to have a lot of fun, I promise."

Coach Irene entered the room, her no-nonsense demeanour commanding attention. "Alright, ladies, let's not waste any time. Warm-ups in the gymnasium, now!"

Scott followed Gracie to the gym, feeling out of place among the other girls who seemed so comfortable in their gymnastics attire. Gracie guided him through the warm-up exercises, demonstrating a level of flexibility that was leagues above Scott's capabilities.

The practice was intense, far more challenging than Scott had ever imagined. His muscles strained and his body protested, but by giving it his all, he could ignore all the stupid challenges that he was facing outside of this. It was therapeutic in a way he didn't expect. However, when it finally came to an end, he was utterly exhausted.

Gracie patted him on the back, her eyes filled with pride. "You did great for your first time, Sophie. Seriously, I'm impressed!"

They returned to the change room, and Scott felt a mixture of relief and accomplishment. As the girls began to get ready for their first class, Scott slipped off into a bathroom stall to change back into the school uniform. He sighed in annoyance as he slid on the panties, a slap back into his strange reality.

Emerging from the stall, he had to admit, the school uniform felt strangely comforting. Two days into wearing it and it already felt normal.

Gracie noticed as he rejoined the other girls and offered him a small bottle of perfume.

"Here, it's vanilla-scented. Thought you might need some freshening up," she said kindly.

Scott took the perfume, grateful for Gracie's thoughtfulness. He sprayed a little on his wrist and the sweet aroma filled the air.

"Thanks, Gracie. That's really nice of you," he said, touched by her gesture.

They parted ways, heading off to their first class of the day. A combination between the post-workout buzz and the sweet smell of his perfume, gave him a sense of confidence he hadn't felt as Sophie yet.