Part 1: The Mix Up

Scott Campbell, an 18 year old boy from Ontario, Canada, arrived at the airport in Cambridge, UK, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves. He had been looking forward to this exchange program for months and couldn't wait to experience life in England. As he waited for his luggage, he scanned the crowd for the Evans family, the host family he had been paired with.

Finally, he spotted a couple holding a sign with his name on it. "Mr. and Mrs. Evans?" he asked, approaching them.

"Yes, you must be Scott!" said Mrs. Evans, smiling warmly at him. "Welcome to England!"

As they made their way to the car, Scott couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that he had not been met with the traditional British weather of rain and gloom.

However, his excitement turned to confusion when the Evans' looked at him with a puzzled expression. They didn't say anything until they arrived home and had settled down in the living room.

"Scott," said Mr. Evans, clearing his throat. "There seems to have been a bit of a mix-up. We were expecting a girl named Sophie Campbell."

Scott's heart sank. He had no idea what to do next. "I'm sorry, I didn't know," he said, feeling embarrassed.

Mrs. Evans quickly reassured him. "It's not your fault, dear. We only found out at the last minute that Sophie was actually going to be a Scotty. A mix up with the paperwork they said."

Scott listened, feeling a mix of confusion and worry. "So what will happen now? Can I still attend school here?" he asked.

"We're not sure," replied Mr. Evans, looking troubled. "We'll have to call the school and see if there's anything that can be done. It's a bit of a mess especially since the school is an all-girls school."

Scott felt a sense of panic rise up within him. He had been looking forward to attending school in the UK, but he hadn't realized that it was an all-girls school. What was he going to do now?

The Evans must have seen the look of fear on his face because Mrs. Evans quickly spoke up. "Don't worry, Scott. We'll call the school and sort this out. In the meantime, why don't you come and see your room?"

As they walked upstairs to show Scott his room, Mrs. Evans warned him that it might be a bit too feminine as it was their daughter Emily's room who he exchanged with. Scott braced himself for a girly room but was surprised to find that it wasn't too bad.