𝟎𝟎𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝖂hat would you do if the man who claimed he loved you with his entire being, woke up one day and decided he's not in love with you anymore?

A normal person would leave town, go stay with their loved ones for a while. Get drunk, move on.

A pyscho would plan their ex-lover's — ex-lover? — murder. Lure them in, erase your traces. Slash and get it done with.

Simple stuff.

A self-proclaimed insane persona would bawl their eyes out. Cry and cry and cry until there's not a single tear left anymore then walk around their house sobbing again every time they come across something that reminds them of the man who claimed he loved them but still left them.

They'd wear his hoodies to bed and curl up in a ball under the covers just to cry.

Eat ice cream while watching a happy romcom and cry because the man who kissed them like that isn't in their bed anymore.

Go out for a late night walk and swallow down their sob when they see a couple walk past, hand in hand.

Cry themselves to sleep thinking the next day would be better but the next day begins with them tearing up in the shower so it turns out to be another day wasted and gone.

Destroyed, ruined, burnt.

All for love.

Try and distract themselves by diving into work but then they see the pen they borrowed from him — from that one time when they were staying over at his house and inspiration struck unexpectedly but they didn’t have anything of their own to write with — lying on their desk.

And then they breakdown again.

And the cycle continues.

They kiss people they don't like, they consume drinks they don't like, they go out on dates with random strangers they don't like but nothing gets him out of their head.

Madeleine Gray would love to call herself a normal person but the thing is, she's been a self-proclaimed insane persona since years.

And so, when Trevor left so unexpectedly she wanted to trash the entire house and disintegrate into nothingness just so she could be left alone to bawl in peace.

She didn't want him to leave.

She didn't want him to go.

She never expected to wake up to an empty bed and hurry out of her room just to find him slipping his shoes on by the door.

"Where are you going?", she had asked breaking the eerie quiet of the dimlit apartment.

She'd known something was wrong the moment his back stiffened upon hearing her voice.