Brother💔??

Recap:

We said our goodbyes, and she was near the entrance. I got into the car and waited for her to get in, but I saw that guy hugging her. I was furious, and I thought that he was going to pay for it. However, Jini pushed him away, and that reassured me. She asked him something, to which he just shrugged and replied. I started my car and began to drive. She didn't need a man to stand by her; she could handle her problems on her own. Besides, we might not have bodyguards around her within visible distance, and I would be gladly  be her comrade if she ever needs me.

            *****************************

SANU'S POV:

After reaching the office, I sent her some messages about her milkshake and my hoodie. When I realized she might be waiting, I sent her a message telling her to concentrate on class and make me proud. She went offline, probably because her class started. I focused on my work, and then my PA, Miss Anu, entered and gave me a briefing about today's meeting. She also set my coffee on the table and left.

After the board meeting, I checked the time and saw that it was about to be Jini's lunch break. I opened my phone and waited for her message. As soon as she messaged, I replied instantly so she wouldn't have to wait. We caught up with each other's work, and when we were done, I had lunch with an investor at a nearby restaurant. We discussed our project, and we're planning a music concert in a few days. We're still searching for artists, but I already know someone who would love to play the violin with us.

After the meeting, I returned to the office to finish my work. When I was done, I realized it was almost time for Jini's class to end. So, I stood up, left the office, reached my car, and drove to her college to pick her up.

I arrived at her college within 10 minutes, but she still had 5 minutes left before she finished. I called her, informed her that I was waiting outside, and got out of the car to wait for her. As I leaned against my car, my sunglasses rested on my nose.

When i glance at the entrance of the college and found her I quickly wave at her as she returns the gesture. She takes steps towards me, but then I notice  Hari has caught her wrist. I can sense that it's harmful and I'm really fed up with him today. I gesture to Jini's bodyguards to stay put because I don't want to upset Jini by involving them without her knowledge. I signal them to wait.

I turn my attention back to Jini and Hari, who are having a conversation. At first, it's furious, but after a while, that asswipe Hari says something that upsets Jini. She doesn't respond, which is odd because she always has a comeback. Then she says her goodbyes to him and his friends and walks towards me.

JINI'S POV:

The moment I walk towards Sanath, my mood starts to brighten up as I see his charming smile, complete with those adorable dimples. Being near him makes my heart skip a beat. I've already given my soul to him through that smile.

Sanath takes my hand, concern evident in his eyes, and asks, "What's wrong? Are you okay? You know, if anything's bothering you, you can always tell me."

Relieved that he didn't hear anything, I simply nod to assure him that I'm fine and not in the mood to discuss it further. He seems to understand and doesn't ask any further.

As we settle into his car and start the drive home, I realize that I'm not in the mood for a conversation. I make a decision about what Hari said, about Sanath possibly seeing me only as his best friend's sister, which is why he treats me well. Perhaps my feelings are getting too strong now, so I should control myself around him. If he truly liked me, wouldn't he have made a move by now? Maybe Hari was right. If Sanath views me as a sister, then maybe I should also see him as a brother, right?