Angry or Embarassed ✨

Recap:

As I close my phone and put it away with a smile, I look up and see everyone at the table staring at me. Hari, with his lunch in hand, seems to be showing some emotion in his eyes, perhaps jealousy or something strange, giving me an odd feeling. I ignore everyone and start unpacking my lunch. I feel someone sitting next to me, so I turn to face Hari.

"I'm jealous," he admits.

                  **********************

JINI'S POV:

"Varun's sudden statement leaves me confused. He seems a bit flustered, as if he blurted it out without thinking.

"Yeah, I'm jealous that you're gonna start having lunch without me," he stammers.

I roll my eyes and respond, "You're not a kid 🤷🏻‍♀️."

He retorts, "Hey, then too..."

I cut him off, saying, "You shouldn't talk while eating."

He rolls his eyes, clearly fed up with my behavior. We finish our lunch and head back to class.

During the rest of my classes, I don't receive any text from him, which adds to my annoyance. The overexcited students shouting answers in my last class, statistical economics, make it even more irritating. But finally, the classes come to an end.

I receive a call from Sanath, letting me know he's already outside my college. As I head out, Hari joins me halfway. When we're near the main entrance, I spot Sanath leaning on his car with sunglasses perched on his nose. When he sees me at the entrance, he waves, and I return the gesture.

As I take a step forward, varun grabs my wrist a bit too firmly to stop me. I turn back, release my wrist, rub it, and say, "Don't touch me like that. I'm telling you for the last time, and Sanu is giving me a ride home. Bye, see you tomorrow." I know I was harsh, but he could have used words to communicate.

Varun, unfazed, responds, "You know that Sanath doesn't see you like that. He just regards you as his best friend's sister. I don't like seeing you get hurt, Ranjini, and I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you by grabbing your wrist tightly."

I can't offer a reply, especially when it concerns Sanath, as even I'm uncertain about what's happening between us, and varun might be right. I just shrug, nod, and give him our signature handshake before bidding farewell to him and all his friends who joined us during our handshake. I start walking toward Sanath.

SANATH'S POV:

I'm infuriated with that asswipe, varun . How dare he hold Jini's hand? I wanted to throttle him, but he's her best friend, so I couldn't. I did talk to Mukesh about his behavior though. We ended up keeping an eye on him 24/7. He keeps doing things like holding her hand and hugging her in the name of friendship. Real friendship is about being there in good times and bad, helping with projects, offering mental and physical support, and respecting boundaries. Varun doesn't seem to understand that. As I mentioned, if he tries anything inappropriate with Jini, he's in trouble.

My little melody maker Jini is so innocent in this world, and she's the only one I want. Even if it's a sin to keep her all to myself, I'd gladly embrace that sin and enjoy being in hell. She's childlike and innocent around those she considers home and feels comfortable with, which is adorable, and I'm proud to be one of them. I know she's a tough cookie at college, but I love her being tough with others and tender with me. She thinks she's the only one with feelings, but it goes both ways, my love. I was planning to propose after her graduation and work on convincing her to be my girlfriend, but our families want me to wait for her. She could choose her career path, which she hasn't decided yet.