4 | ❝Young Love❞ - Harua

╔══════════════════╗
SHIGETA HARUA
✎ iv. young love
╚══════════════════╝

"Really? You got vanilla?" You asked, raising an eyebrow as your boyfriend walked back with two cones in his hand

"Really? You got vanilla?" You asked, raising an eyebrow as your boyfriend walked back with two cones in his hand. Chocolate for you and vanilla for him.

"Come on, it's not that different than chocolate! You got a basic flavour too!" Harua complained, handing you your cone.

You licked it, smiling at the rich flavour of the dutch chocolate, "At least chocolate is more interesting than vanilla."

Harua frowned, "Stop the vanilla hate."

You laughed, "Okay, okay. I'll forgive my basic boyfriend 'cause I love him."

Harua's cheeks flushed at the comment even though he wanted to argue that he is far from basic. It's the exact reaction you expected from him and it makes you smile. His cheeks always flush when you tell him you love him. You almost wonder if there'll be a day when he can still act cool and collected when you say those 3 simple words, but you know it'll never be any time soon. It's been months since you first said it to him and he still gets flustered every time.

You're sure it must be some magic charm that Harua has, because even after years of having a crush on him, and over a year of dating, it feels like you've only just fallen for him. You still feel butterflies in your stomach and your heart racing like crazy when he does something. And you still have the same effect on him that you always have. Loving Harua feels like it'll never get old, like the feeling of young love will last forever.

"What are you thinking about?" Harua asks, breaking you from your trance of licking your ice cream and admiring him as if he was hypnotising you (which he kinda was).

You blinked a couple times to reset before your lips curved up into a big smile, "Well... Now I'm thinking about the ice cream on your lips." You said smoothly. Harua barely had time to furrow his brows in confusion before he felt your lips on his, softly kissing him, using the little bit of melted vanilla ice cream as an excuse.

"W-what was that for?" He inquired, his own lips tingling from your kiss and lifting a little into a soft smile. He liked your kisses.

"I told you. There was ice cream there." You repeated.

"If you wanted some of mine, you could've just asked." He informed you sweetly. "I thought you didn't like vanilla, though..." He added in a mumble as an afterthought.

"It tasted better cause it was on your lips." You said boldly.

Harua took a breath, "Okay, now you're trying to flirt with me."

You giggled, "Is it working?"

"I don't know. I think I'm in love with you regardless."

"Cheesy..." You mumbled, cheeks flaring. You hated how he could make you blush so easily from just a single sentence.

"You did it first!" He defended with a laugh, sending both of you into a fit of giggles.

To onlookers, you and Harua were the type of couple that people awed at. You often got compliments that you were lucky to have each other, and you agreed wholeheartedly. You were lucky to have each other. Spending moments with someone you felt so right with was probably the best feeling in the entire world. And the moment Harua came into your life was the start of your happiest memories.

"Ready to go?" You asked happily after finishing the ice cream. You held out your hand for Harua, and he nods before lacing his fingers with yours and giving you a gentle squeeze.

"Where to next?" You questioned, swinging your arm back and forth with Harua's as you walked down the street away from the ice cream shop.

Harua hummed and then shrugged. You took it that he didn't really care where you ended up going next, as long as he was with you then he'd be up for anything. So, you just kept walking down the street until Harua stopped abruptly.

"Huh?"

"Kitten." Harua whispered, eyes wide and staring at the sidewalk in front of him. You halted as well and looked down, eventually spotting the little black and white kitten who was sitting a couple feet away from you.

"He's got little mittens." You cooed at the black spots of fur around the paws. Harua walked a bit closer and crouched down a little closer to the kitten. They both peered curiously at the other and you practically felt your heart burst at the sight.

Harua held out his hand patiently and within a few seconds, the kitten was rubbing up against it and purring softly. Harua pouted and looked back at you with shiny eyes.

You laughed, "Are you gonna cry?" He shook his head and sniffed away the tears that were starting to build up. "He's cuter than you and that's saying a lot." You commented, watching your boyfriend pet the cat contentedly.

The moment only lasted another minute before the kitten ran off and Harua stood back up.

"We should do this more often." Harua said, grabbing your hand again.

"Do what?"

"Be spontaneous. It's nice to not have a plan... or a destination. I like just being with you, you know?" Harua remarked with a smile.

You hummed in agreement, "It's nice."