Emma Swan

Dear diary,

The nights have been brining me strange dreams lately, where I'm in this new land called Enchanted. It's mysterious and full of magic. As soon as I close my eyes I will my self to dream, and I do. I don't know how, it just happens. It's every child's dream. My dreams are always the same, I wake up in the middle of a dense forest under a fallen tree and I just sit dangling my feet in a river near by which is an unnatural bright turquoise with hints of deep emerald green. I sit and listen to the water rushing past me, the wind racing through the leaves and the birds who always sing their songs. The sounds of nature relax me and soon I'm just floating in oblivion and then I suddenly wake up. One dream a night and each night I dream for longer and the feeling of oblivion has slowly started to disappear.

"Mom have you seen my diary any where, I had it this morning but now I can't find it?!"

"No sorry sweetie I haven't!"

"Doesn't matter I found it!" It had fallen on the floor and I must have kicked it under my bed. I hid it in my secret hiding place behind a loose wooden board behind my bed. My room is relatively big, with my bed in the centre, the wall behind is panelled with shabby blue wooden boards. My TV is hung on brackets on the wall straight ahead of me with my draws underneath it. The wall paper behind is patterned with postcards, stamps and significant icons from around the world. On my draws is my DVD player, radio and makeup. The rest of the room is white. My bed is a shabby white and so is my furniture. In the corner of my room there is a small desk and chair with an old fashion tall lamp. On on side of my bed there is my wardrobe and on the other side my underwear draw. I have a bay seated window and the seat lifts up for storage. And near my door a coat hanger.

I open my wardrobe and pick out a little red dress and a pair of small black heals and my favourite leather jacket. I apply a bit of blusher to my tanned skin and a dark purple lipstick with a little mascara. I let my hair fall naturally over my shoulders in its creamy blonde curls. At last I'm ready. I skip down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Morning Mom".

"Morning sweetie, you look nice today".

"Thanks Mom".

"So where are you going them?"

"Hm what, oh no where it's just nice out side that's all and the sun makes me happy".

"Well it's nice to see you looking so alive again, I was worried about you for a while there".

"Mom I told you I'm fine, they where just bad dreams that's all, and there gone now I don't have them any more". I lied I knew she would be worried, but they didn't scare me anymore so what's the worst that could happen, after all they where only drams. Plus I like visiting Enchanted, it was my little escape world. She looked at me, smiled and nodded. "I'm glad, breakfast". She turned around holding a plate full of eggs on toast, bacon, sausage, beans, hash browns and black pudding. "Thanks Mom". I said before quickly digging in to my breakfast. "So I realised it was someone's birthday soon but I couldn't quiet remember who's". I said as a push in the right direction for her to ask me what I wanted. I was seventeen in a week and I hadn't really though about it until now. "I dunno who's?"

"Mine Mom I can't believe you forgot".

"I didn't, and what would you like for your birthday?"

"I don't know, honestly I haven't really though about it until now".

"Well I was thinking I could get you a new jacket".