Lead Up To A Birthday

Saturday, 2 weeks before Rainbow Dash's birthday...

Adorabella had just finished meeting up with Ralph. Adorabella is now at Fluttershy's cottage. She knocks on the door, and the door opens, answered by Fluttershy.

"Oh, hello Adorabella, it is nice to see you," Fluttershy politely greeted with her warm smile. Adorabella nods and feebly smiles back.

"I- I wanted t- to ask... what does Rainbow like most?" Adorabella asked.

"Oh um..." Fluttershy briefly paused.

"She loves the Daring Do series. I think she would really like Daring Do merchandise," Fluttershy answered. Adorabella nods.

"I knew that... but I w- wondered if there was s- something... something she really liked that sh- she hasn't told me about. Sh- she has done so much for me... I want to go all out for her birthday," Adorabella explained while lightly smiling. Adorabella has an idea of what to go for.

"Oh okay... I am here if you want to um, share ideas for what you want to do for her. You can come in if you like," Fluttershy offered, also lightly smiling. Adorabella nods, which Fluttershy understood that by the nod, Adorabella likes a bit of help. Fluttershy lets Adorabella inside and closes the front door. She takes her to the opposite end of the cottage away from the front door. small seat that is to the left of the long sofa and window.

"Could I uh, get you anything to eat or drink?" Fluttershy politely asked.

"No- it's okay," Adorabella politely declined. She still feels a bit iffy about accepting an offer for food or a drink... unless it's Ralph that offers something.

"Are you sure you don't want something? I don't want you to go hungry if you haven't eaten already," Fluttershy politely insisted. Adorabella again politely declines, by shaking her head.

"Um, okay," Fluttershy nodded as she sits on the large sofa. Fluttershy doesn't insist further, as Adorabella said no.

"I don't know... I don't know what to do... my birthday was made so special- I want to go even bigger than that for Rainbow! But... I don't know how I'd be able to pull it off..." Adorabella mumbled, resting her jaw on her forehooves on the round table. Fluttershy listens.

"What do I do Fluttershy? I feel like a terrible friend if I can't pull this off..." Adorabella deflatedly sighed.

"That isn't true, I think you're an amazing friend. It's okay to not know what to do. I'm sure whatever you do for Rainbow, she will appreciate it," Fluttershy softly reassured.

"I don't want to just buy something... I want to make something- I want my present for her to be made by me- to come from me, b- but I don't know wh- who to ask," Adorabella mumbled.

"But I can't go to a shop- I've never been in a shop and- and when I was forced to go shopping with my parents I- I couldn't even look at the cashier- ah- ahhhhh-" Adorabella starts to panic.

"Are you okay!?" Fluttershy immediately worries, then gently and briefly touches Adorabella's forehooves, which that calms her down.

"I'm not sure how I'll execute all my ideas for Rainbow's birthday..." Adorabella stressfully mumbled.

"Hmm..." Fluttershy thought for suggestions.

"I'm... not the best pony at helping in that regard..." Fluttershy feebly apologized.

"But... I'm sure Pinkie could help- she is really amazing at party planning," Fluttershy sodtly added with a smile. Adorabella lifts her head up off her forehooves and smiles back.