(XXII.V)

Special Chapter! 🤯🤯

Dedicated to Ryuzaki.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY L! 🎂

You were staring at the view infront of you.

No, you weren't at a picnic, nor a beach.

You were at a 30-story building.

I mean, who wouldn't be like- "Oh, that's a nice building! Let's go jump off it!"

Anyways, you jumped.

For no reason whatsoever.

And then you landed.

Without breaking any bones.

Wait.

...Without breaking any bones?!

Your eyes slightly widened as you looked around.

'This isn't the front of the 30-story building! It looks like a damn investigation place!' You inwardly panic a little.

Just then, you notice a panda.

The panda was staring deep in your soul, for some reason.

'It looks like and investigation place because it IS an investigation place! How could I be so dumb?' You immediately recognise the panda infront of you.

It was L.

The Greatest Detective of the world in the flesh!

His black eyes watched and followed every twitch movement of your body.

"Miss Kanashii, Are you okay?" He finally muttered out.

"...Yeah." You force out a genuine smile.

On the inside, you were freaking out.

'Shit! He's a damn hawk! One more wrong move, and I'll be sued the hell out of this place! Why the hell am I thinking like Light? I need to chill out. Based on his tone, Kanashii is my... Alias. Yes, that must be correct.' You calm yourself down on the inside.

"What are your reports on the Kira case so far, Miss Kanashii? We know that you're neutral, but.. I would really like cooperation." He said, stirring his coffee and going back to observe Light on the computer.

"You know I can't tell you that very well, don't you Ryuzaki?" You raise an eyebrow, your calm demeanour coming back.

He sighed. "Ah yes. Of course I do. I apologise."

"It's alright." You look around a bit with your eyes.

L takes a sip of his sugar- I mean, coffee.

You check your watch.

31st of October?!

That's his birthday!

"Oh yeah, Happy birthday Ryuzaki!" You look up from your watch to him.

L's eyes slightly widen.

"You remembered...?"

You tilt your head with a smile.

"..It's... Nothing." He gives you a faint smile.

You shrug and take your phone to order a strawberry shortcake (whole).

After fifteen minutes, you both hear a Ding-Dong. You smile at the door.

L's eyes widen yet again as his jaw loosens to the floor when he sees the cake. (metaphorically).

"Happy Birthday!" You give him a close-eyed smile.

"...Thank you. I didn't expect that anyone else would wish me other than Watari."

"Of course! That's what friends do for eachother!" You say, wanting to see his reaction.

He was a little disappointed that you called him 'a friend'.

Just then, Two people burst in through the door.

"Happy Birthday, L!!" The person seemed very energetic. He wore a party cap. It looked kind of goofy.

"Happy Birthday." The other person said.

"Ah! Matsuda-San! And, Aizawa-San too. What a pleasant surprise seeing you both here!" You recognise them immediately.

"Oh, Kana-" Aizawa began.

"Kanashii-Chan! It's nice seeing you here too! We were just about to wish L!" Matsuda cut him off.

You sweatdrop at Matsuda's energetic vibe.

'This is gonna be a long day...'

({A/N}: I WASNT ABLE TO POST RHISISV IN TIME WNABWHAJAGHDJFBXJKZK IM 40 MINS LATE)

T.B.C.

(Next yearlololol)