5: Potato Mashed Maccaroni Cheese

Sure! Here's a recipe for potato mashed macaroni and cheese:

Ingredients:
- 8 ounces (225g) elbow macaroni
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: cooked bacon, sliced green onions, or breadcrumbs

Instructions:

1. Cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.

2. In a large pot, boil the diced potatoes until they are fork-tender. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.

3. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher or fork until they are smooth. Set aside.

4. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk continuously for about 1 minute to make a roux.

5. Slowly pour in the milk while whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens and comes to a simmer.

6. Reduce the heat to low and add the shredded cheddar cheese to the sauce. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.

7. Add the mashed potatoes to the cheese sauce and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

8. Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese and potato mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated.

9. Optional: If desired, you can add additional toppings such as cooked bacon, sliced green onions, or breadcrumbs.

10. Serve the potato mashed macaroni and cheese immediately while it's still hot. Enjoy!

This recipe combines the creaminess of mashed potatoes with the cheesy goodness of macaroni and cheese for a delicious twist on a classic dish. Feel free to customize it by adding your favorite seasonings or additional ingredients.