Thirty One (last)

Wooyoung cried his heart out in his room.

How could any of this be real?

Losing both his best friend and boyfriend at once was too much for a loving, caring and social person like himself.

They both worked towards his pain and suffering.

He could hear them yell at each other outside his room and hoped they would just disappear.

But the door soon opened.

Slowly, making it creak.

"Wooyoung...please-"

"Just leave San...I don't want to see either of you."

"But I'm worried about you..."

"You have no right to." Wooyoung looked up from the bed to make eye contact. "We have nothing connecting us anymore, we're strangers."

The words hurt so bad like a bullet to San's heart.

Strangers?

From eight year partners destined to be together to simply strangers?

And he couldn't do anything about it.

Not right now at least.

"I'll go...as you wish...but please, please take care of yourself..."

"It's none of your business, just fucking leave!"

San flinched, slowly nodding and turning to leave.

"And take that rat out with you." Wooyoung muttered through gritted teeth, half upset that San was actually leaving.

But knowing he'd never let him stay either.

A few minutes later, he heard the front door open and close, then the house went quiet.

He was alone as he wanted to be.

He cried alone and screamed alone.

No one would come to comfort him, but it was better than the comfort of a liar.

He knew San probably dragged Seonghwa out because he heard them fighting up until they left.

But Seonghwa lived nearby, which made him afraid of always having to face him.

Afraid for his safety.

Seonghwa would go far to achieve whatever he wants, and if stalking or hurting Wooyoung meant that, he would.

He loved this house so much, but moving out was a better decision.

New apartment, new job, new phone number.

New life was all he wanted and needed.

He didn't want anyone to find him, so he left everything behind.

Although having to look through all of the things he shared with San before and all their memories was the worst heartache, he still managed to pull through and do it.

It took many breakdowns and a lot of his mental and emotional health, but he did it.

Almost a year later, he was settled in his new place.

Not nearly as big, because he wasn't starting a family anymore, but he was comfortable.

Heart still badly broken, but progressively healing.

He made a few new friends, never letting them get too close though, now always careful in his relationships.

He always wondered what happened to San though.