The adoption

"Will you be my grandson!" The cannibal demon exclaimed.

"huh?" That was all I could say. Why would this old man want me to be his grandson, doesn't he know how worthless I am.. Besides doesn't he think I'm a human, shouldn't he be trying to devour me or something??

Not that I would make much of a meal, I mean I'm basically skin and bones., not to mention I'm half demon even if he doesn't know it would still be cannibalism. But here he's asking me to be his grandson...why? like seriously does he not see the scars.?

Ah right, I created that necklace to cover them with magic, so it makes sense he wouldn't be able to see any scars on me when I'm legit covered in them.

I don't really want anyone to see my scars anyways which is why I put a lot of effort into creating the necklace. It took me a month to make but in the end was totally worth it. I did think it would take longer..after all I had to find the right gems, carve runes into the gems while focusing my magic into the runes and shape the gems into a dragon than I had to put a bunch of different rune onto the chain and connect the dragon to it.

So yeah..I'm surprised it only took a month. But even if this demon can't see my scars, he still shouldn't want to adopt me!? Like doesn't he think I'm a human..!?  ..why would he even want to adopt something as useless as me..?

Sullivan wasn't aware of the mental breakdown Iruma is currently suffering to but he did see the indecision written all over Iruma's face.. He decided to ignore it in order to continue his speech (begging) to convince (manipulate) Iruma to agree to be his grandchild.

Iruma finally snapped out of his head when the weird demon looked at him with hopeful eyes while exclaiming, "So Iruma will you please be my grandson".

Iruma wanted to say no but he also wanted to accept this demons kind offer.. Ultimately he decided to decline. ..After all, all adults are untrustworthy..

He open his mouth to speak but was cut off by the demon exclaiming his gratitude.

"Great! thank you so much Iruma-kun!!" The demon than went on to began randomly talking but eventually pulled out a contract from fin air and made it float Infront of Iruma.

"Sign here and you'll officially be my grandchild."

Iruma opened his mouth to say no to the demon but what came out of his mouth was completely different. "u-uh.,sure?"

...I'm an idiot

Internally curing himself iruma grabbed the pen and signed the demons contract.

"Excellent! Now let's us go to your room!!" Sullivan exclaimed as he grabbed Iruma's hand to lead him to his new room.

"..room" He called it my room., is he giving me one? But why would he do that? Sure he adopted me but that doesn't mean he has to do anything for me. I mean the couple who adopted me certainly never gave me anything so why would he.?

..Is it because he's a demon? Are demons nicer than humans?.. Father was nice..so maybe humans are just mean.. But still I'm just a worthless freak..so why would he give me a room. ..why would he give me anything.? Doesn't he know I should just die..not that I'm going to. Well I won't die til father's free from his imprisonment. ..After all I promised I would free him.....

Iruma walked in a daze as his thoughts consumed him, not really taking notice of anything. Though he was forced out of his head by a door being slammed open and the sound of yelling.

"Welcome to your new home iruma-kun!!"

The next moments passed in a blur with Iruma only being aware enough to register Sullivan tucking him in bed before he passed out.