Chapter Twenty: Callie Foxworthy: Anchorwoman

I jumped off of my couch in my apartment as I heard banging erupt at my door. I already knew who it was before I opened the door. I shook my head as I saw Celeste standing outside of my apartment with a grin on her face.

“Hey,” she nodded.

“Celeste,” I replied. “What a nice surprise? I’m actually kind of busy right now.”

“Busy? Doing what?” Celeste asked glancing around.

“I have company over,” I replied biting my lip a little. Celeste rolled her eyes at me, not moving an inch. I was about to close the door, when she pushed her hand in the way. Celeste was not leaving.

“What kind of company? Will’s been trying to reach you all day,” she said sucking her teeth. “He thinks you’re avoiding him.”

“I’m not avoiding him,” I huffed. “I’m entertaining.”

“Emilio? Do you have a bathroom?” Callie called out to me. Celeste’s eyes opened wide as she gaped at me. She stared past me

“First door on the right – down that hallway,” I replied quickly. “Celeste, can we talk about this later?”

“Yeah sure,” she said stomping back towards the elevator. She mumbled a few swear words underneath her breath as I slammed my door shut. What part of that I was busy did she not understand? I had company over and I can’t just stop everything for her. God, Celeste is so nosy.

WILL

I couldn’t believe Emilio. He was avoiding me. It’s not like I was the one who brought up moving in with each other. It was him. I wasn’t forcing him to do anything. I never even thought about us taking our relationship to that level. I dialed Emilio’s phone again, but it just rang and then went straight to voicemail. He was officially avoiding me.

I jumped up as soon as my phone vibrated. Emilio texted me saying he was busy. Ok, so maybe he was busy. That’s it. He’s not avoiding me. He’s just busy doing something. Why was I freaking out? I was freaking out for no reason. Emilio loves me. He said that he does. He wouldn’t lie about that.

I fell onto my bed and glanced at my ceiling for a moment, trying to get my mind off of Emilio. It’s just that this was such a fundamental step in our relationship. He wants to move in. That’s huge. I just hoped I hadn’t scared him away. God, I wish I knew what he was thinking.

I glanced at the caller ID on my phone as it rang. I sucked my teeth when I realized that it wasn’t Emilio but Celeste.

“Hello Celeste,” I said casually.

“Hey Will,” she replied. “I need to tell you something.”

“Shoot,” I replied.

“I stopped by Emilio’s apartment a few minutes ago and I saw that woman there from his new station,” she said. “You know the big busty blonde one – his co-anchor. They were there alone, William. I think he even made her dinner.”

“What?” I said jumping up off my bed. “And he said he was busy! I can’t believe him. I can’t believe – that’s why he’s been avoiding me. He’s trying to hook up with his co-anchor.”

“Will, I’m sorry,” Celeste said into the phone. “I didn’t want to believe it either but he had that stupid look on his face. He kicked me out fast too.”

“I’m coming over there,” I said wiping the tears from my eyes. I knew everything was too good to be true. You can’t turn a whore into a housewife or in this case a househusband. God, I feel so stupid. I am so fucking dumb. I wouldn’t cry. I’m not going to cry. I’m a grown man.