Possession

"just to remind you," Jiang Fengmian said with a smile, "the Lan sect is one of the great five sect who has long line of history and culture, it's very strict with imposing it's very own rules. They won't care about status when punishing any misbehavior, so unless you want to spend few weeks in detainment with countless scrolls loiteting in front of you, do not do anything overly stupid... Especially you... Jiang Shian.. behave..." He reminded, still somewhat worried Jiang Wanyin and his nephew, Jiang Shian's well-being. He could careless about reputation, but he definitely does not want his son to experience the wrath of those scrolls.

"Thanks for the warning, father..." Jiang Wanyin said and rolled his eyes. Jiang Fengmian really liked nagging at him though was a bit fair if he would ask, "mother said you've experienced it first hand with your former aid and ended up aiding one guest disciples in shaving grand master Lan's beard. And I just knew... Shian's going to be the Master Qiren's stain in his entire teaching career."

Jiang Fengmian chuckled quietly, then exchange a glance with his daughter. He could tell his son and nephew was getting annoyed but not nearly as much as before. He was glad to see that his son took his advice from the heart.

"Ahh... Whatever... Let's hurry up and get there..." Jiang Wanyin said and continued walking on the long winding stairs leading to Cloud Recesses.

The beautiful landscape wasn't like any other sect, it gates opened only for certain hours. They ended up arriving after an hour, upon request to grant their permission to enter.

"Sect Leader Lan... Master Lan Qiren." Jiang Fengmian saluted the two leaders of Lan.

"Sect leader Jiang..." The two older Lan's saluted back.

"We grant YunmengJiang's entry to Cloud Recesses." Qingheng-jun simply, in a militaristic jargon, dropped all formalities and pleasantries and stated their warm regards for the contingent.

The younger Lan Brother's bowed in unison welcoming the Jiang sect.

"They are really courteous.." Jiang Wanyin praised with a slight smile. They were still not halfway to their rooms when they heard a loud explosion nearby.

Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen both sigh and turned towards the place where the explosion came from.

Jiang Wanyin had a very confused look, Jiang Yanli merely smile as she stepped beside her brother. Jiang Shian had his poker face turned to the direction of the explosion.

A young man in white, covered with stains and dirt came out of the lone building coughing hard, while holding a red gem in his hands. The Jiang siblings noted that he was very un-Lan-ly, totally destroying their first impression of the Lan's.

"Seems like Cloud Recesses had someone different.." Jiang Fengmian smiled, the older Lan's had fond expressions that didn't left unnoticed by Jiang Fengmian.

"Ah! Grandpa! Granduncle! *Cough!* Da-ge!..." The young man walked to them, he had a very bright smile and kind eyes, thought the red ribbon on his hair worked as complete contrast of the white and blue's of the Lan.

"Please forgive my shameful appearance, I am Lan Wuxian... Greets Sect Leader Jiang, Young Master Jiang Wanyin... Maiden Jiang Yanli.. and.. Young master Jiang Shian." giving a courtesy salute and then turn to Lan Wangji who begun wiping the dirt from his cheeks and dusting his clothes.

"Granduncle?" Jiang Fengmian glances at Lan Qiren, who huffed.

"He is my grandson..." Qingheng-jun said, "My Wangji's son..."

Several disciples came at the right time, and began extinguished the fire on the house. The Jiang's noticed the bucket of water and efficiency of the Lan sect in moving flawlessly.