Father

Lan Xichen is a not big brother in all four corners any books defined if he can't even notice how handsy his little Wangji have become to his very little A-Xian. It's not that they are not—but after they returned from town four days ago, Lan Wangji had been a fussy fuddy duddy in Wei Wuxian's dictionary. He had never been this shameless or very as in 'very' intimate in all instances with Wei Wuxian. Lan Xichen had to admit, his Wangji had never been like this before for whole ten years. Every little thing, from scratches to bruises, he even thought mosquitoes are evading the little boy just to avoid the wrath of the protective father. Oh well is it really a father?

Just watching outside the doors of the libary pavilion, Lan Wangji stood alone and waited for a certain person to make his appearance. He had been standing there for over an hour, and he didn't stop being restless what was going to happen for even a second. Lan Xichen understood how much his Wangji changed and knew that because of that little one's influence did he obtain an overprotective guardian of cloud recessess.

"A sit perhaps Wangji?"

Lan Xichen didn't doubt that Lan Wangji have made the correct choice in his life by taking Wei Wuxian in all these year. Thanks to that, the usual aloof, cold and immovable Lan Wangji had lived a luxurious life not deprived of human touch and as his eyes and ears fixed to the child. He himself had once very much wanted for his brother to break his cocoon to prove how sensitive he was and he had to be thankful to Wei Wuxian for that. But... He can't help but think this was too much.

He had prided himself as a brother-reader but when it comes to little A-Xian his radar seems to go off! Wangji... Lan Wangji... Lan Xichen muttered breathlessly, his prided title is hurt in this instant.

"So what happened on your stroll at town?" Lan Xichen asked teasingly as he watch his little brother choke on his tea. Red crept to his neck and ears.

"Please don't ask Xiongzhang..."

After hearing that request, Lan Xichen told himself to make himself familiar with all important notes at Caiyi town and hone his gossiping skill to tease his brother afterwards. He had been doing this for thirteen years and when he fintelly allowed to show the result and start a real job, his brother, miraculously, swiftly and efficiently avoided all his plans in one go. He couldn't be happy... Not with the kind of news he really wanted to have...

Well... If it's a normal brother or father-son relationship he would understand...but... Not this... Not this super intimate closed gap relationship that even others had hard time breaking and understanding or poke their noses into.

He had never really really thought about that thing. He can't help but think bitterly, 'why not just a few years later? ' it wouldn't have been a problem if Wei Wuxian remained as usual. The storm wouldn't have hit him, given this new position he sees between them. He knew Wei Wuxian had this sort of little thing to his brother but he himself can't act on it. Why? Because he is a third party in all this situation... they would end up being in the very middle of it and sure enough, there would be no eye to hide in.

"What should I do? What can I do?" Lan Xichen murmured, feeling totally helpless. He very much wanted to help Wei Wuxian, but it wasn't like his position that would allow him to do so. He also needed to consider the their feelings before moving... Hmm... He doesn't even know whether Wei Wuxian is not yet aware of his feelings or he is practically cowering them for the sake of not destroying the thing between him and Wangji. However, he is sure that there is something wrong between the two.

'there really isn't any other choice is there? But to remain silent? And—wait?' he thought with a sigh, his gaze slowly turning to resolve. Just now, he made his choice. As for what kind of decision did it involve in his part... He only knew... *Internally squealing* 'don't worry didi..' he smiled devoid of any innocence, 'big brother's gonna ship you hard!'