Theo's Assent | Chapter XIII [ABDL/Diapers/Care Bears/Fantasy/Human]

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."

- Oscar Wilde

- - -

After Swifthear had calmed her excitement, she once again grasped him by the paw but this time lead him at a much more reasonable pace. Two large, glass double doors opened automatically inward to let them in as they approached the gargantuan skyscraper, and Theo caught his breath in this throat.

Inside was a large, spacious lobby, decorated with intricate cloud and wispy air glass structures hanging from the ceiling. They were situated above various couches and coffee tables, which looked perfect for an afternoon lounge accompanied with a warm beverage. A semi-circular desk stood dead center in the large room, with a friendly looking brown rabbit fur typing away at a computer terminal.

She wore, smart looking black glasses, which complimented her large upright ears giving her a very alert and perky expression. She looked up, and then smiled warmly and waved at the two.

"Hi Swiftheart! Is this the new resident you've been talking about?"

Swiftheart bounded over, leaning over the desk and giving the fellow rabbit and tight hug, which the rabbit fur reciprocated gently back, giggling softly.

"I'm so happy to see you Lyla! And yes, yes! This is our new friend Theodore!"

She beamed and pointed at him with an outstretched paw, as if proudly showing the bear off to her friend.

Feeling a little sheepish, Theodore approached the desk and waved at the secretary, still feeling rather self-conscious to be clad in nothing but a diaper and his newly acquired bear fur.

"Uhh... Hello there! It's nice to meet you!"

Lyla's eyes softened as she smiled at him, her head tilting to the side as her grin spread even wider across her face expressed her adoration for the bear.

"Oh he's as adorable as you've been predicting Swiftheart! It's very nice to meet you too, Mr. Theodore! We've been looking forward to your arrival for quite some time now! I'm the receptionist and secretary of the building, so if you have any questions or issues you can direct them to me! Essentially, I'm here to make sure your living here is comfortable and a pleasurable experience, so don't be afraid to come and chit chat about anything you need!"

Reaching down into what Theo presumed to be a drawer hidden from his sight the rabbit withdrew a flat, shiny looking tablet.

She extended her free paw towards the bear, and in a soft, sweet tone she asked, "Could you give me your paws for a second, sweetie? You'll scan into your residence by touching the door underneath the handle so you won't have to worry about carrying a key or keycard! Afterall, the only place you could really keep such a thing would be in your cute diapers as it would appear, and we wouldn't want your key to get soggy now would we!"

Theo blushed a fierce red at the teasing, and shifted uncomfortably but reached forward with his paws, which the rabbit gently cupped in her own as she placed the tablet onto his bears pads, the device glowing softly as it scanned them.

Swiftheart put an arm around his shoulders and squeezed him softly towards her, grinning and saying, "Oh don't mind Lyla, she's always teasing everyone she sees. I personally think that diapers are a perfectly acceptable form of storage and most certainly the cutest."

Lyla also giggled at Swiftheart's comment, and nodded back at Theodore in thanks for participating in the set up of his paw scan.

"Hehe, no doubt about that Swiftheart! Don't worry Mr. Theodore, your residence here has been designed exactly to suit your needs! It's no problem at all to provide accommodations for baby bears such as yourself. In fact, I'm quite looking forward to seeing your padded behind walking around the lounge from now on! I can always use more cute spectacles to admire during my working hours!"

Although the fire in his cheeks did not leave at the rabbit's compliments, he found himself unable to keep himself from smiling back at the rabbit. She does seem to be earnest... he thought to himself, and he managed out a thank you which only caused the rabbit's beam to widen further.

"Come on Theo! Funshine's already waiting upstairs for us, he can't wait to show your new home!"

Theodore barely had enough time to think, "I get to meet Funshine too?" before Swiftheart once more grabbed his paw and began to parade him behind her towards a row of elevators he had not noticed before.

He looked back at Lyla, who waved back at him cheerily, giving Theodore, he realized, a sincere feeling of welcome to the residency.

As they entered the elevator, adorned with graceful golden and dark ocean blue embellishments and softly glowing floor buttons, Swiftheart took the paw she grasped and gently guided it over to the button labeled with the number 121.

"That's your floor Theo! But if you ever forget, you can always ask Lyla she won't mind! She may be a bunny but she's got the memory of an elephant!"

Feeling reassured, Theo felt his ears pop a few times as the elevator ascended upwards, but within a surprisingly short amount time arrived at the 121st floor.

The doors opened with a soft ding, and the two padded down a softly carpeted hallway, the walls painted a comforting light blue color.

"Your door is the one that has a picture of a brown bear cartoon! We thought that might be a little easier to remember than a number for a baby burr!"

Swiftheart winked at him after the teasing comment, and Theo could only smile sheepishly back. He couldn't help but feel a little grateful for the subtle efforts the Care Bears seemed to be putting forth to make him feel comfortable, he was a little awed at how well thought through some of the attention to detail was.

Swiftheart pointed at a rectangular reflective tablet, almost identical to the one that Lyla had used to scan his paws with, that was situated underneath the door handle.

"Put your paw there to unlock it!"

Theo stepped forward, and gently put his right paw on the tablet. It glowed a soft grey colored briefly, before a sharp clicking noise came out of the door and the door swung open.

A flash of yellow fur was all the warning Theodore had before he felt himself being lifted up by the strong arms of a Care Bear he recognized almost immediately.

"F-Funshin-GACK!" he exclaimed, or attempted to as the bear wrapped him up in a 'bear hug.'

"My name's not Funshin-gack! But I'll give you another try to call me by my right now if you like!" the bear echoed his exclamation with a bemused tone in his voice, gazing up at the still overwhelmed brown bear with a sly grin on his face.