four

Y/n's pov-

"Here's the paper." Minji handed me a application form. "You'll start today, I know it's a bit fast but good luck!"

She handed me a pen and I signed my name on the paper.

"Do you know your way around the school?" She asks me with concern. "Kinda? I have all of my classes with you, I'm comfortable enough to stay around you."

We started walking down the halls for lunch.

Half of the school day has already passed. "What's for lunch?" "I don't know." She answered. We walked inside of the cafeteria and sat down.

"My friends are gonna sit here is that ok with you?" She asked as I nodded. 3 female students walked up the table where we sat.

One of them was Pham Hanni, I don't know who the other two are. "Hi Y/n!!" Hanni waved and sat in front of me.

"Woah Minji unnie who's this?" A tall yet young girl asked Auntie. "Y/n, Lim Y/n. I'm a new student here." I answered her question.

"Hello Y/n! My name is Lee Hyein!" She cheerfully waved at me with two of her hands. "I'm Danielle! If I talk a lot please let me know!"

Wait- Danielle and Hyein. Those two sound so familiar... Lee Hyein... Danielle...

Hold up-! They're the two most popular models  in my generation. So many people talk about them!

"Let's go grab our foods." Hanni suggested. Everyone agreed and stood up. "Where's the other one?" Minji asked the other 3. There's another one?

"Busy, she told me that she needed to finish up a project. It's apparently 'top secret' to her." Danielle explained.

To be honest, I wasn't really listening. While we were waiting in line for lunch, I looked around and spotted mom.

"Take my water bottle." I shoved my water bottle in Minji's hands. I ran towards Chaewon who wasn't too far from where we were standing.

"Yah! Where are you going?!" Minji yelled behind me.

Chaewon was talking to one of her friends, I assume. "Omo- Y/n! Hi!" She waved at me. "Hello Mo- I mean Chaewon sunbaenim."

"Just call me by my name." I nodded to what she said. "Oh right, Y/n-ssi this is my friend, her name is Hong Eunchae. I believe she's the same age as you." Eunchae-ssi waved at me.

I waved back at her. "Are you joining any clubs?" Chaewon asked me. "I'm about to join the carpentry club." I answered her happily.

"Great! I'm in the same club!" She clapped. Huh- she never mentioned about being in a school club before.

Is that how she got badly injured? "O-Oh yeah! Umm I'll see you soon then." I said my goodbyes and left.

When am I gonna go home? I sighed and found my way back to Auntie and her friends. "Where were you?" Danielle asked me.

"With Chaewon sunbaenim." Minji smiled and pointed at me. I looked at her, confused. "What were you guys talking about?" She asked.

"School stuff, mostly asking questions." I answered her. Minji put her finger down and continued to eat her food.

I didn't feel hungry for some reason. I sat down and watched them talk.

"When is she coming?"
"Unnie told me that she will eat when she's almost done." "That kid is like obsessed with her project."

So who's this 'she'? Actually, it's not my business to snoop through their friendship.

"Hey, what's that big scar on your neck?" Minji pointed at my neck.

"Oh that, umm I got it from a friend's sister." I answered her. "Why their sister? You've must of done something bad if the scar is that big." She asked.

"Well... I kept hanging out with my friend and sneaking her out when she's not supposed go anywhere. I guess her older sister didn't like the sound of me being friends with her younger sister." I explained.

"What's your friend's name?" "Kaylee, Lee Kaylee." "What's Kaylee's older sister's name?"

Huh? What is Kaylee's older sister's name? "I actually don't know that one. Kaylee never mentioned it. All I know is that her older sister left the U.S to study."

"How old is her sister?" Minji kept asking me questions.

Auntie, I've never knew you were such a curious person. "Same age as me, and Kaylee. They're step siblings but they like to call themselves half sisters." I replied.

"Ohh, so do you know their parents?" "I knew the dad but their mom was unknown to me. I've never seen her before."

"Hmm, you've got an interesting life." Minji said while sipping her drink. "The bell is gonna ring in a bit, let's go!" We all nodded to Hanni's info.

We stood up and went back to our classes. "It's club hour. I have to take you to the carpentry room." I nodded and we walked quite far back from the school.

It was like a mini school that was departed from the main building. "That's your class, good luck." Minji patted on my back and left me.

Alright I got this...? I walked to the front door and opened them. The classroom was a nice design place. It looked like a greenhouse but less windows.

But the room was quiet for some reason. I'm not early right? I looked for a clock and saw that I wasn't early, but a bit late.

I walked up the steps and looked around to see if there was anyone. There was a girl sitting at one of the tables, probably doing an assignment or something.

"Who are you? If you're looking for the teacher, he's not here." The girl said without turning around.

I walked up to her and stood near her. She looked up at me with a stern expression.

"I'm Kim Y/n, new student here." I slightly waved. I might as well use my mom's last name, I can't bear to listen to my dad's last name as mine.

"Kang Haerin." She turned back to continue working.

"Where's the rest of the class?" I asked her while observing the room. "They went exploring to see what they could build for the environment."

Dry... but it's ok because I am too. "I have a application sheet, where should I put it?" I asked her more questions.

She took out her hand, signaling to give it to her. I set my stuff down on a table and grabbed the paper.

I placed the form on her hand and she set it gently in one of her folders. "You can sit next to me, I won't kill you unless you talk a lot." She patted the seat next to her.

I grabbed my stuff and placed it next to her's and sat down. "What are you making?" I asked her.

"Music box." I looked at it saw how well she crafted it.

She was screwing in a knob in the small wooden box. While screwing it, her hand was stabbed by a small wood splinter.

"Ow.." She hissed. "Are you ok?" I took a look at her hand to see if it was bad. Gladly it wasn't.

A small piece of wood was stuck in her hand. I gently pulled it out and small blood came out of it.

Good thing I carried band aids. I took one out and wrapped it on to her hand.

"You should be careful and make sure you smoothen out the wood a bit more." I informed her.

"Thank you." She was embarrassed. I smiled at her and helped her out with her mini project.

👍