Chapter 1: Small Beginnings

At London, 9:30p.m.; Croft Manor (in the past

Reyes: "Are you sure she's ready to go on an adventure?"

Conrad Roth: "Yes, I believe she's ready."

Dr. Whitman: "But she's only 9 years old. What if the adventure's very dangerous and she can't survive?"

Richard Croft: "She will survive, Conrad and I will train her how to survive. Even when I die, Conrad Roth will continue her training to become a survivor."

Dr. Whitman: "But I thought you..." Suddenly, everyone heard little footsteps hitting against the floor. Little Lara peeked around the corner down the hall.

Reyes: "There's that little angel."

Dr. Whitman: "Hello, Lara."

Little Lara: "Hello."

Richard Croft: (To Conrad) "My friend, will you continue this conversation while I talk to my daughter?"

Conrad Roth: "Sure."

Richard Croft: "Good. I'll be back." Conrad continued to talk with the rest of the crew. Richard Croft went to Little Lara and kneeled down in front of her.

Richard Croft: "What is it, Lara? What's wrong?"

Little Lara: "I can't sleep. Can you read me a story?"

Richard Croft: "A story? What kind of story?"

Little Lara: "It doesn't matter what story."

Richard Croft: "Did you brush your teeth yet?"

Little Lara: "No, father."

Richard Croft: "Lara..."

Little Lara: "Please, father. I want to hear the story first."

Richard Croft: "Not until you brush your teeth."

Little Lara: "Please, can you read me the story? Then after that, I'll brush my teeth. I promise."

Richard Croft raised an eyebrow like "you swear?" Then Lara smiles and chuckles.

Richard Croft: "Alright, alright. I'll read the story to you."

Little Lara: "Yay!" She sat on her bed, criss-crossed. Richard grabbed a shiny gold book from his bookshelf.

Little Lara: "That's a pretty book, father."

Richard Croft: "It is, isn't it? I got it from your mother. This is the story of the Golden Crown of Charta also known as Immortality." (Narrates) "A long time ago, there was king named John Francis III, and he ruled the Golden Temple of Life where things can never go wrong. Until, there was another king that was his brother wanted the Temple for himself and take over John's throne, so he can rule the land."

Little Lara: "Wait! So, does that mean that John's brother is evil?"

Richard Croft: "Yes, his brother is evil. Now, do you want to hear the rest of this story or not?"

Little Lara: "Yes, please." (Brushes her teeth.)

Richard Croft: "Right, then." (Narrates) "John Francis III wouldn't allow that at all, so he ordered the guards to split the crown in 3 halves and hid them somewhere all over the world so his brother will never find it and the only thing that will keep the crown in place is the Emerald of Peace which will keep the world in balance. There is also a different jewel, but with different powers and that's the Black Crystal of Death. If the Black Crystal is connected to the crown, then demons and the dead will come to life and the land will be in chaos. So John's brother arrived at the temple and a battle was about to begin. John Francis III and his brother were both killed because they striked each other at the same time. The temple stayed quiet, still. It never glowed and there was no sunlight. Nothing but fog and darkness. Both kings were turned to ash and they were never seen again as months and years passes by the Temple of Life, only the Crown of Charta remains." (Closes the book.)

Richard Croft: "Okay, Lara. It's time for you to go to bed."

Little Lara: "Hey, father. I think the Golden Temple is beautiful and magical."

Richard Croft: "So do I, Lara. Good night."

Little Lara: "Wait!" Richard stops at Lara's bedroom door.

Richard Croft: "What is it?"

Little Lara: "That story about the Golden Temple and the crown. Those things...cannot be real right, father? It's just a story."

Richard Croft: "I don't know, but something tells me...you'll find out soon enough." He leaves Lara's room and Lara went to sleep.

Title: Rise of the Tomb Raider/Uncharted 4 Crossover: Journey to the Crown of Charta

(End of Chapter 1)