Part 4: Everybody Loves Me

Word count: 4.5k

Song inspiration: Everybody Loves Me by One Republic

Warnings: 18+ no minors please. SMUT: Explicit sexual references, PiV, teasing, condescension. Plus swearing, alcohol, and Jake wearing a cowboy hat 🤠

For the first time in her life, Flick understood what being weak at the knees actually meant

Jake was waiting for her in the centre of the motel car park, leaning casually against the passenger side of his truck, his back to the sinking Texan sun.

He wore dark boot-cut jeans that looked like they were tailor-made, the fabric hugging the thickness of his thighs just so. His shirt was a blue-washed denim button-up that stretched perfectly across his broad shoulders and around his biceps, lying flat against his chest and showing off the taper of his torso. She watched him roll the sleeves up and had to sink her teeth into her bottom lip to contain a whine. He wore brown leather cowboy boots and a grey Stetson atop his head, tilted down and casting a tantalising shadow over his face.

He looked up slowly, and Flick felt like she was watching a scene from a movie, where the leading man is introduced to a symphony of swoons.

All the breath was stolen from her lungs and her legs almost buckled underneath her at the sight of him. Lt. Jake Seresin was every inch the Cowboy of Flick's dreams. And he was all hers.

He waved her over. Flick was surprised that she had the wherewithal to put one foot in front of the other. In fact, she almost ran to him. She sprung up on her tiptoes and went to drag him down for a sultry kiss, but he pulled away, rolling his tongue to reveal that damn toothpick between his teeth.

Flick tried desperately not to stamp her foot like a petulant child.

"You're eager darlin'" he smirked.

"Then don't keep me waiting," she quipped, grabbing for the toothpick, but he ducked under her arm. "Jake!"

"We better get going Teacup," he said, opening the truck door for her. "Honky Tonk is calling."

Flick ignored the door and crowded into Jake's space. She lazily floated her hand around Jake's waist and into the back pocket of his jeans (hoping he might just pull them down and bend her over the bonnet). The other hand played with his collar.

"Something else is calling to me a lot louder," she said smokily, hoping he would get the gist. That, fine, fucking on top of his truck in the middle of a car park might not be practical, but him throwing her over his shoulders and railing her into their motel room bed was still an option.

Jake glanced down at her lips, and for a second she thought he might cave, but he just grinned and rolled the toothpick over and over.

"And deprive the good people of Texas the sight of you all dressed up and dancing to some Dolly? That would make me a selfish man."