The healer - Part 8 - Geralt x Jaskier x Reader

"Momma.............?" The little boy asked, as he looked up at his mother.

"Stay here, my sweet..........." (Y/n) told her son, as she pulled off her apron and made her way to the door of the cottage.

"But..............."

"No buts, young man. In fact, go to my room and wait for me to come for you.............." The healer interrupted, pointing towards the door to the room. Jerod dropping his head, before making his way to the bedroom. (Y/n) sure that she would have to apologise later for being so short with him; but for now, she had to deal with this. She had to deal with Geralt.

Moving out into the trees that surrounded her cottage, she couldn't help but feel her heart begin to thump with increased vigour; her blood singing in her ears, as the men and horse got closer. It had been years since she had last seen him; but there was never any mistaking Geralt. Even if she couldn't see that pale hair, there was no ignoring the baring with which he held himself; how he sat upon that great, dark mare of his. But as much as she desired nothing more than to run and meet her visitors, she had more to think about now. She was a mother, and Jerod came before anything; (Y/n) not sure that it was a good idea to introduce the Witcher to his son, to allow Jerod to get to know him, and then have to watch as he once again rode off to fight monsters. Never to know whether his father would return. That, and after all those years, who could know how things might have changed. Perhaps he had not come back sooner, because he had found someone else; perhaps, in truth, he had never really felt anything for her to begin with. That all his sweet words and promises, were just to get what he wanted. No, this time she could not welcome the Witcher, this time she would see what he wanted, and then send him on his way. The healer having no desire for her son to know the pain that she felt. To know what it was to love someone, and then lose them.

                                                           >>------------------------------------<<

"She isn't going to forgive you................" Jaskier said, as he, Roach and Geralt made their way through the trees, to the home of the healer. The two men able to see the small cottage, and the smoke that came from the chimney, in the near distance.

"She always has before.........." The large, pale haired man replied. Not even bothering to look down at his friend.

"That was before. We haven't been back here in what.......four, five years. How long do you expect that poor woman to wait for you. No, she is not going to forgive you for being gone so long. And maybe she has even found herself a man that doesn't leave her alone for years on end, so that he can fight monsters............"

"(Y/n) knows what I am. She knew what I had to do. She will understand. And when I tell her of my decision............."

"If her husband lets you tell her of your decision, you mean........." The bard interrupted. Trying not to smile, as he caught a glimpse of Geralt finally turning his attention to him. Jaskier not having to be looking, to know that the Witcher was glaring at him.

"Look........." The bard continued, this time interrupting the Witcher's death stare. Jaskier pointing over to a figure that had just come out from the cottage. Neither man needing to be any closer, to know that it was the healer. Geralt only hoping that she would not soon be followed by a male figure. The rest of the journey to the small home made in complete silence. Jaskier not about to tease his friend any longer; well aware of how Geralt felt for the healer. The bard truly hoping that he was wrong, and that (Y/n) would forgive his old friend. That she would, despite their time apart, still be waiting for the Witcher.

                                                            >>-----------------------------------<<

It had only seemed like a matter of seconds since she had stepped foot outside her cottage; mere moment's since she had spied the visitors, yet here they were, both of them in front of her. Both looking a little older and a little worse for wear; but neither any less handsome. Neither any less, Jaskier and Geralt.

"Jaskier............." (Y/n) greeted, as she made her way over to the bard and hugged him.

"It has been far too long. But at least this time you don't look like you have been eating blood berries..........." The healer added with a chuckle, as she brushed her hand over his stubbled cheek.

"Hello Geralt.................." (Y/n) continued, as she turned her attention to the man that was getting down from the horse. The three standing there awkwardly for a moment, as she didn't move to embrace the Witcher.

"Well, as neither of you look as though you need my services. I am wondering why you have come to see me, after so long..........?" The healer asked. Jaskier about to reply and hopefully break the unease, when something small darted out from the cottage and made its way behind (Y/n)'s skirts. Her eyes growing wide, as she obviously felt it.

"(Y/n)........what was............?" Geralt began. The breath catching in this throat, as he saw a little face appear from behind the beautiful woman. A face, with a pair of eyes that looked so familiar. Both men looking at one another, as the healer turned and picked up the small figure. The little boy smiling broadly at the pair before him.

"Jerod, I told you to stay in my room..........."

"I know momma; but I wanted to meet them. I wanted to meet the people from your stories............" Jerod replied. His smile getting even broader, as he reached out, and took some of Geralt's long, white hair, between his fingers.

"Look, momma. It really is Geralt............"

"Geralt.......he looks........well he looks like.........." Jaskier interrupted the small boy, as he looked between the child and the man next to him.

"Yes, he does, Jaskier. And there is a good reason for that. I supposed that you should both come inside..........." (Y/n) said, as she took Geralt's locks from her boy's little palm and made her way back inside. The Witcher and bard, simply looking at one another again, before following after her and Jerod.