Ice Giants - Part 6 - Geralt x Reader

Geralt opened one eye, as everything suddenly became quiet and just a little colder than it had been. The male Witcher seeing his breath come out in soft clouds that hung in the air for a moment before forming into the tiniest snowflakes and then drifting down to the cave floor in front of him. This was magic, it had to be, but it was a magic that Geralt had never seen before and nor was he sure where it was coming from. Though that would have to wait, for if their was a witch nearby in these frozen wastes, it would be no match for himself and (Y/n). And speaking of the female Witcher...............

He knew that he shouldn't, but he had been listening to (Y/n) and Jaskier's conversation, he just like the bard not quite believing the woman's explanation about how she had got back into the cave without either of them seeing; but he also knew that he wasn't the best one to ask her about it. That his questioning her might come off the wrong way, so he had decided to leave things to Jaskier.

Geralt over the journey, had noticed something growing between the minstrel and (Y/n). He had seen how Jaskier would look at her. How his eyes would linger on her form, and if it hadn't been for the fact that his mule had some sense, Geralt was sure that his friend would have either ended up over the side of a cliff, or headfirst into a tree. And in turn, he had noticed (Y/n)'s eyes look towards Jaskier when she thought that no one was looking. The smile that would grace her lips as she watched the bard, making her appear more beautiful than she already was. Geralt having to admit that the whole thing was causing him quite the strangest mix of emotions.

As (Y/n) had told Jaskier, Geralt had known her since she had been left at the gates of Kaer Morhenthe's Keep. The White Wolf able to recall the first time that he had set eyes on her as she had been brought in by one of the mages. The old man whispering to the druids and the other mages as they gathered around her. All of them staring down at the trembling, fragile looking creature. But within a moment, and much to everyone's shock, (Y/n) had become wild. Kicking and scratching at the man that surrounded her. Using every ounce of strength that she had in her seemingly frail form to fight, Geralt always presuming that one of them must have said something that upset her. But whatever it was, it was clear to all present that the little girl was strong enough, fierce enough to face the same trials as all the others that would enter the School of the Wolf.

Despite the rivalry that had grown up between himself and (Y/n) over the years. Despite how they would try and outdo each other at every turn, Geralt had to admit that he had always liked (Y/n), no matter what she may believe now. In fact, they shared a secret that they had never told anyone. A secret that now pulled at his heartstrings. That caused the emotions inside him to heighten all the more.

One night, after a particularly arduous day for all the trainees, but especially himself and (Y/n), Geralt had decided that he needed air. Needed time to think. The young man making his way down the darkened corridors, his ears met by the sound of soft weeping. And as if being lured by the sound, he had followed the noise to find (Y/n) in her room, wrapped in a blanket, tears running down her cheeks. Part of him just wanted to leave her, but the greater part felt the need to comfort her. To assure her that she wasn't alone. That she was strong and no matter what she might believe at that moment, he knew that she could face any trial that was sent her way. That she would be one of the greatest Witchers ever. So, he had made his way over to her, taking a seat by her side on the bed and placing his arm around her shoulder. (Y/n) burying her head into his chest and holding onto his shirt for dear life. They had stayed that way for a while. Geralt just holding her; his fingers combing through her hair as she wept softly. But then, then she had looked at him. Her beautiful eyes shimmering in the candlelight. Her lips, plump and inviting, and before he could stop himself, Geralt was kissing her. The kiss becoming more passionate with every moment. The young man that he had been, pushing her down onto the mattress beneath them. His hands beginning to roam her form, taking in each swell and curve. Her soft flesh one of the most glorious things that he had ever felt. His heart firmly in his mouth, as she had touched him back. As they explored one another. Learnt about one another. The pair spending the night together. (Y/n) the first woman that he had ever known, and he, the first man that she had known. Yet even though they had sworn their love. Even though they had promised to be together. The world had had different plans. And the next day, the mage assistants had come to take (Y/n) away. Geralt not seeing her again for a very long time. The young woman returning different to what she had been before she left. As if she had had to face something that he had not. But he had never forgotten that night, and never would. They had been there for one another when they needed something. They had loved one another, and he knew that she would always have a special place in his heart. Yet as the clouds of his own breath disappeared from around him, he finally saw why the whole scene had become so quiet. His eyes growing wide as he watched (Y/n) and Jaskier kissing. The bard's arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her to him. Jaskier's lips slowly moving from hers, to her cheek, and then her neck. The cave strangely becoming colder by the moment, as the pair continued to touch. Geralt knowing then that whatever had happened between them so long ago, was never meant to be anything more than just that one glorious night that he would always hold in his heart. The wolf quietly sniffing back a tear, before closing his eyes once more and returning to his meditation.