24.

-'CHAPTER 24´-

"What did you say?" Nik grits.

"It was an accident, brother, she was saving me." he finishes the last part quietly, "she was defending herself."

"Where is she? '' he asks in a tone Kol had never heard before.

"I'll text you the address. I'm trying to find a hunter to awaken, but it's quite a tricky thing," Kol informs.

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖦹⭒°。⋆

Nik flinched at the sight of Elaine. She wore tired eyes and pulled at her blonde hair, mumbling something to herself. Nik knew what it was like, knew the hatred and the haunting, even if it was long ago, the memories seeped into his bones haunting him forever. Now it would be Elaine. The man felt angry he couldn't do anything for her now.

"She was scared you would hate her," Kol says softly from next to his brother.

"What?" Nik asks, his voice hoarse.

"She thought you and Beks would hate her since you couldn't find the cure anymore," Kol explains to him.

"I don't give a damn about a cure, not if when it comes to her.'' The hybrid doesn't hesitate bitterness in his tone.

"I know that, she doesn't," Kol says softly.

"That doesn't matter now, I have all the time to tell her, but we need to wake a new hunter," Nik speaks up in his voice solem.

Kol nods. "I've been reading up on the curse, but I can't find anything that talks about how to find a potential hunter."

"Maybe Jeremy knew," Nik says.

Kol scoffs. "Good luck asking his friends if he said anything about it."

"Oh brother," Nik smirks. "You really don't know me if you think I'm the type of guy who simply asks for something I want".

.𖥔 ݁ ˖𖦹⭒°。⋆

"You're not real," Elaine mutters.

"Says who," Jeremy chimes in.

"I know you're not, neither is this blood on my hand, it's all a nightmare."

Jeremy smiles wickedly. "Then why are you so scared?"

"Shut up," the blonde bites.

"Why should I you ruined it all for me?" a different voice chimes in, a British accent that used to send butterflies in Elaine's stomach, and now it sounded bitter.

"I'm sorry," she turns to see Nik.

"Sorry you're cursed or sorry you ruined my shot as more hybrids," Nik bites out.

"Sorry for it all," a tear falls down.

"And I thought I was a monster," the hybrid chimes. Elaine knew it her heart. This wasn't real, but her heart still hammered in her ribcage as hurt still poured into her heart.

"Leave me alone," she hissed.

"I wanted you to leave me alone too," Jeremy calls. "But you didn't you murdered me," he shouts.

"Stop," Elaine yelled. The blonde's head felt hazy and fear etched into her heart. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. She felt as if she were in a bad dream and she couldn't tell what was real or not anymore.

Suddenly, the latch to the door opened. She perked up expecting to see Kol, but Elena Gilbert stood in the doorway with a dull look in her eyes.

"Hey Elaine," the vampire said, her voice sounding emotionless.