21.

-'CHAPTER 21´-

Elaime thrashed in the grip of the iron chains that clung to her wrists tightly as Charlotte stood in front of her alongside more hybrids who all had a snarky look on their face.

The blonde sat chained to the floor of some cabin.

"Let me go," the vampire snarled angrily.

Charlotte smiles. "I don't think so."

Charlotte leans down, cracking Elaine's wrist. The vampire screams out in pain at the snap of her bone. "Why are you doing this?" she grits.

"I'm showing Klaus, who's in charge," she snarls back, splashing water mixed with vervain onto the vampire.

Elaine grinds her teeth together, trying not to scream out in pain at the sharp burning sensation the water brings when touching her skin. It felt as if a bunch of needles were poking her flesh.

Suddenly, the loud sound of the cabin door opening boomed through the quiet area.

"What do you think you're doing?" Tyler Lockwood demands angrily. He tried to step toward Elaine, but more hybrids held him back.

"I'm showing you who the alpha is, I'm doing what you never could, hurting Klaus," the hybrid spits her mere tone, making Elaine wanna punch the woman.

"You think this is going to help us?" Tyler thrashes in the other's grip. "This is not hurting Klaus. This is provoking him. We have to find a way to set us free, not convince Klaus, he needs to kill us."

"Yeah, well, I'm the alpha, not you, so you don't make this call," the woman snarls.

"I would mind your tongue," a voice booms. Eliane looks up to see Klaus standing by the doorway menacingly.

The hybrids each turn to the man a defensive stance up.

"You have two seconds to let her go before I rip your tongue out," the hybrid grits.

Charlotte steps forward smirking "your not going to kill your hy-" before the woman can say another words Nik speeds forward, ripping one of the hybrids hearts out. Another speeds toward him as he throws the man before speeding to another and snapping their neck.

By the time the last body hits the ground, Nik is by Elaine's side freeing the vampire.

The hybrid helps her up wrapping an arm around her waist. "You okay?" he mutters, bringing the blonde to her feet.

She nods. "How did you find me?" she asks softly.

"Caroline told me what happened, I followed your scent," he explains.

Elaine nods as the hybrid helps her out of the cabin, the blonde making sure to avert her eyes from the corpses that lay around her room.

The two steps outside the fresh air calming the blonde. The forest surrounded them the darkness of the night, making the setting ominous, giving the blonde a sense of deja vu to when Nik had saved her from Stefan in the car.

"How are you feeling, love?" Nik asks concernedly, eyes raking her body for injuries.

Elaine nods. "I'm fine, vampire healing," she shrugs.

Nik nods, the two walk side by side, and Nik is keeping the blonde close as the two walk home.

"Can I ask you something?" Nik inquires.

"Sure," Elaine answers.

"Do you enjoy being a vampire?" the hybrid asks, his voice filled with genuine curiosity.