2012

January 2012

''Charles stop! We have to finish this project or Ms. Rossi is going to kill both you and I!'' I squirmed and giggled as Charles has recently discovered that I was extremely ticklish and he wouldn't give me a rest. ''but its just so funny'' He said smirking slowly pulling away.

I roll my eyes as I forward myself to move closer to the desk where the project was but as I do so Charles twitches his body aggressively towards me before laughing at me because of the fright he's after giving me. ''Charles I will smack you in the head with this croc'' I say pointing over to a bright pink croc beside my bed.

''okok ill stop, lets finish this''

''finally'' I roll my eyes

''can we do something after though??'' he said looking at me with the eyes. ''you wanna go to the track don't you?'' he nods swiftly and I laugh and smile. ''yes let's go, but we have to get this finished okay?'' he nods and finally gets to work finishing this project.

After about an hour and a half we fully finished the project.

thank goodness.

We get up and start walking downstairs and changing out of our slippers into our runners. ''Mama we're just going to the track okay??'' I say walking into the joint kitchen living room where my mom was sat down on the sofa watching something on the TV. She quickly turns to look at me after rubbing her eyes dry. ''Of course sweetie you two go have fun. Be careful Charles as always yeah?'' she smiled looking now at Charles who was standing behind me, ''Always Ms. Roux''

About a 15 minute walk we get to the track. It wasn't very far from my house. We came here most days after school or when Charles was over at my house. It's where people from school mostly saw us outside of school and always made weird kissy noises. We hated it. It was kinda gross to be honest.

''Have you changed into your racing clothes stuff??'' I shout waiting outside the changing room with my arms crossed leaning against a wall.  ''Yes yes im out now,''

''Took you longer than usual'' I said as I slowly walk beside him. ''Took my time today to annoy you'' He winked before he put his helmet on. ''AND i had to practice my speech for when im gonna 'accidently' hit Alice with my speedy vehicle'' he smirked. ''You're so stupid Charles'' I laugh gently hitting his shoulder ''Practicing for the races in May and June??'' I ask as Charles was now on the other side of the barrier. ''Yep, have to practice to beat my biggest opponent''

''You need to give it a rest Charles, you cant allwaysss win'' I laughed leaning against the barrier.

''Yeah but like, I do'' Is the last thing he said before he sped off.

April 2012

Charles and I have been bickering more than usual. Whenever we'd have a small argument in the past it would be about something stupid and we'd get over it in less than half an hour and everything would go back to normal.

He's been coming over to my house less and less, and I've seen him go to the track with other people. He would never not take me to the track.

He called me his lucky charm.

He told me he would never go to the track without me present.

Its weird.

In school too. He would come over to me every morning and give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek every morning. But recently it's been less and less consistent. He went from doing it every school morning to 2 times a week. 3 if im lucky. I really don't know what's going on with him.

As school finished I see Charles on his own and I decide to go over to him. ''Hey'' I smile as I go to hug him but he doesn't return the hug. I don't hold the hug for long before stepping back. ''Hey?'' I repeated.

''hi'' he replied not even looking toward me. ''Uhm, are you ok? You haven't really been yourself recently'' I said now looking up at him with a slightly worried look on my face.

''Charles?? are you lis-'' Not even finishing my sentence he cuts me off, ''Look Victoria-''

Uh oh

''Look, I, I just-'' he stutters.

''Look, I'm breaking up with you. There I said it. Here. I don't have feelings for you anymore ok??'' He spits out bluntly not even looking me in the eyes.

''Charles what I- what did I do??'' I question as I feel the waterfall of tears start to form in my eyes ready to explode.

''Just, stop no. Victoria please. I just have feelings for someone else. Not you anymore''

Anymore. anymore..

I didn't even get to say anything before he briskly walked away. I just stood there frozen. I couldn't believe what has just happened. I had a few more classes but I didn't care. I ran home. I couldn't bear to be there for any minute longer.

I open the front door, slamming the door behind me. Quickly sliding my runners off, throwing my bag in any direction in the corridor before running upstairs into my room, once again slamming the door behind me.

I could hear my mom stand up from the sofa and walking into the corridor to see what has just happened but she just went back into the living room.

I just threw myself onto my bed and cried into a pillow. I don't understand.

Why does he not like me anymore?

Did I do something to make him lose feelings??

Am I not good enough?

Am I not pretty enough?

Did I do something wrong?

None of this makes sense to me.

What am I going to do now. Im going to have to text Marija and tell her. She's the only person who's going to be able to help me get through this and maybe help explain why, why, and why?

—————————————————————————

First part!! i hope everyone liked it. I think it's a good way to start it off with a little backstory, i'm sooooo excited for this story! Included a picture of 2012 Charles as a reference to what he looked like hehe

words : 1066