31. The Eight Prince

When we arrived in the throne room, the princes were shouting at each other. More particularly, five of them were shouting a Pride, while Gideon tried to calm them down. It was clear what they were arguing about. Sevrin was right in Pride's face, his expression furious. But I wasn't in the mood for any of it.

"ENOUGH!" I bellowed.

The silence was instant, and they all turned to me. When Sevrin's eyes met mine, his face softened. I didn't dare to look at Pride.

"Can everyone just..." I waved my hand tiredly. "Sit down."

They all took their place on their thrones except for Pride. Leon kissed my cheek before he walked over to Sevrin. I walked over to my throne, letting my hands graze over the wood. I felt everyone's eye on me, but I kept my focus on my throne. I started at two swords on the back that had appeared after my month with Sevrin, the snow-capped mountains after Griffin. The deep red cushioning that had appeared after Wymond, the golden accents around it from Lucien. The claws on the foot of the throne, making it look more powerful and lethal from Griffin. At lastly, Gideon. He had made it bigger. At least as big as theirs. You could fit two of me on there. But I didn't see a glimpse of Pride on it. Another blow that I hid carefully when I turned my back to it and faced the last prince.

Pride stepped closer; his eyes flickered behind me before they darted back. He seemed nervous, no not nervous, on edge. Like something terrible was about to happen. It made me on edge also.

"There is so much I want to say to you." He whispered but I figured the others heard it as well. He reached up and cupped my cheek. I stepped back. His hand fell next to his side again, now clenching it into a fist.

"It's too late for that."

"Ava, please."

"Just kiss me already." I sighed. I hated how my heart skipped a beat when I looked into his eyes, when I saw his dishevelled hair and stubbled cheek. He stepped closer again, towering over me. His broad frame blocked my sight to the others. When he cupped my cheek again, I didn't pull away. Nor when he placed his other hand on my hip.

"Ava." He whispered my name before he leaned down and kissed me soft and slow. I knew he wanted to deepen the kiss, but I couldn't. Not anymore. I pulled back. I tried to take a step back too, but he held on tight. He rested his head against mine. "I want to tell you something before -"

"It's too late, Pride."

He flinched as I said his name/sin. "No." He said hoarsely, desperately. He looked behind me again. Was he waiting for something? I wanted to look over my shoulder, but he was still cupping my cheek. "I want to tell you my name before -"

"Before what? Before I leave? It doesn't matter anymore."

"No, not before you leave." He took in a breath. "Before she -" He clamped his mouth shut. She. She?! Who the hell was he talking about. "Ava, my name is Pa-"

"I hope I'm not interrupting?" A smooth female voice came from behind me. She. Pride stepped back from me in lighting fast speed, letting go of me completely. I turned to see a woman there. The most beautiful woman I had ever seen. She had ivory, flawless skin. Ink black hair that reached her lower back. Her eyes, she had one that was bright green, the other bright blue. She was dressed like – well like a female pirate. Leather black pants that clung to her legs. Over the knee boots, a loose beige shirt with a dark brown corset on top, elevating her chest. Around her shoulders a purple cloak. Maze was next to me in a second. Just a moment ago she was sitting in front of my throne.