Chapter 8

Greggy

It's Wednesday now and I am so busy right now but my father walks in to my office.

"Greggy, come home later. I will talk to you." Dad commands.

"Okay, dad." I just replied but actually, I'm nervous about what my father will say.

"I'm not ready to commit, if that's what you are going to talk about." I told him.

He didn't even bother to reply and left here inside of my office, overthinking.

"Sam, pakitawag si Kian." I told, my secretary. Habang pinaglalaruan ko ang ballpen ko, may bigla namang pumasok.

"Ano 'yun, bro?" he asked. "Nakausap mo ba si Daddy?" I asked, he shake his head.

"Bakit? ano meron?" he asked. "Wala naman. Kakausapin raw ako mamaya." I told him.

"Baka about sa ano?" he guesses. "Hindi naman siguro. Sana nga hindi iyun." I replied.

"Puntahan mo na kasi. Baka sakaling magiba ang isip nila Tito." I shake my head.

"Whatever my father words will come out to his mouth, that's his final decision. There's no turning back." I replied.

"Maiwan na kita dyan, mamaya nalang ulit." he said and immediately went out of my office.

I opened my drawer and grabbed Irene's picture. "I hope you're doing well while you are here. I don't know when the destiny will let me to meet you again or if destiny will ever let me again, but I do hope." I whispered.

"I do hope, my love. That there will be a time for me to explain why would I need to leave you that time."

I think it's really hard to accept the outcome of an failed relationship where no one ever fell out of love, no one cheated, nothing's betrayal happened. It's just destiny who wanted to take our path separately.

"Kuya, tara na. Let's go home." Elvira opened the door. "Ha?" I confusingly asked.

"I heard you and Dad talking, kakausapin ka raw niya so let's go." she said.

I kept my things and after, I followed her. "Kapag may importante, just call me." I told, my secretary.

"Kuya, ano?" Elvira asked while waiting outside. "Can you wait for a minute? nagbibilin pa ako." I uttered, she just nodded.

"Okay po, sir. Just inform you for your schedule for tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you." I said at lumapit na kay Elvira. "Let's go." I told her.

While I am driving, she's too focus on her phone. "Ano ba 'yan?" I asked. "Kausap ko boyfriend ko."

My eyebrow lift. "And who told you that you are already allowed?" I asked.

"Jusko! I'm already 28, I'm
nearly 30."

"And what so? you can find a love in any age."

"Ang baduy. Paano ka magkakaroon ng pamangkin sa akin?" she asked, I rolled my eyes.

"Huwag nalang!" I exclaimed, she laughed. "Napaka! nakakainis." she reacted.

After a couple of minutes, we finally arrived.

"Anak, hinihintay ka nila Daddy mo sa office nya." Mommy informed me when I went inside

"Nila? may iba pa?" I asked. "Basta umakyat ka doon." she said so I have no choice.

Pagka-akyat ko, I saw Andrea. "Wow, you're already here!" she exclaimed and hugged me.

"Dad and Tito are waiting for you." she said and pulled me to Dad's office.