chapter 7 conversations

..

Time: 18:05 22th Oct 2023

(⁠?⁠・⁠・⁠)⁠σ

GEORGE'S FOCUS

It was 11pm, everyone was asleep. George had woken up to his long sleep and he was thirsty. He hadn't eaten or drank anything all day since then.

His hair was a mess as he had the worst back pain ever, a book stuck to his face. He yawned, pushing it off him and standing up. He was still in the clothes he was in before. He took out some pajamas from his bag and put it on.

It was plain, black shirt and a checkerd grew pants. He felt comfortable as he rubbed his eyes. He opened his door, looking above from the stairs he thought for a moment. He hadn't been upstairs at all nor looked anywhere In the house ever since he'd arrived.

He yawned again, leaving that thought there as he went down to get a glass of water. He found a glass and poured some water in it, as he drank he kept hearing sniffling.

He raised his eye brow, he didn't hear it again so he decided leave it.
He didn't take the food that was in the fridge not even apple that was provided, he felt this sharp pain looking at the food. As if he was going to vomit if he took a bite. So he didn't eat anything, and went to the bathroom.

After, he poured himself another glass and he heard the sniffling again.

He stopped dead as he stood Infront of his room door. He heard the sniffling again, he decided to investigate and when he walked up the stairs, there was light that he hadn't notice at all. It loomed over, it was from a lamp, very dimmed out for reading purposes.

He saw Wilbur. All teary eyed, crying as he was looking at a book. He was holding his hand on his mouth to stop the crying, failing miserably. He was at the end of Anne of the island. With a blanket in around his legs, he was also in his pajamas with a cup of tea.

"Wilbur?" George asked softly as he came closer.

Wilbur's head turned and saw George. He still cried even if he wasn't there, he put his hands over his eyes and threw the book down.

"Wilbur? Why are you crying?" George asked blankly.

Wilbur looked up, sniffling, "th-they finally kissed!" Wilbur said as he went back to crying happily.

"What-? Who?" George asked again.

He looked up again, smiling as tears rolled down his face.

"Anne and Gilbert!" He cried, laughing as he chocked on tears.

George gave a weirded out look to Wilbur. Is he seriously crying over a book?

"So why are you crying -? Isn't it supposed to be a good thing-"

"This is happy tears George!" He said, not calming down.

George just narrowed his eyes at him, hitting his head at how ridiculous Wilbur was being. He walked up to him and rubbed his back.

"There, there.." he muttered sarcastically, not in a comforting voice.

Wilbur calmed down as he whipped his tears away. He took a deep breath in, "so, why are you here? Aren't you meant to sleep?" He asked, drinking his tea finished.

George just shook his head, "I was about too go back to bed but then I heard crying so I came to investigate." Said George.

"Oh, well. I woke up an hour ago again, I wanted to finish the book, so I did. But have you eaten something?" Wilbur asked, his eyes red.