1

It was finally time. I was outside of Jonas Eidevall's office waiting to be interviewed to be assistant manager.

I know I'm only 25 but my football career hasn't really gone out the way I wanted it to I guess.

I tore my MCL and had to rest for so long but it's not like I would be called up anyway.

So here I am, applying to be an assistant manager for the club that I've wanted to play at for longer than I can remember.

"He's ready for you." a lady tells me.

"Ok thank you." I replied.

(JONAS'S OFFICE)

"Hi.. erm Ava!" Jonas says.

"Hi Jonas, it's great to meet you!"

"Nothing but the same here."

"Anyways please, have a seat. So do you have any experience?" he asks as I hand him my resume.

"Erm.. no experience managing but I grew up around football and i've played it for so long, I know plays inside and out!"

"We are really needing an assistant manager so yes! You're on!. Now all you have to do is sign right here and we'll be all set." he adds

"Ok sounds great!"

I walk towards the door and just as I start turning the door knob someone bursts in causing me to fall.

"AH SHIT" someone says.

I hit my head and all I can feel is a sharp pain so I don't think to look up.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry!" a sincere voice says

When I look up, I see the most beautiful pair of blue eyes start to tear up.

Jonas comes rushing over to me asking if I was alright but I can't form any words as I get lost in her eyes so he rushes out of the room to get a medic.

Then everything came rushing back to me and I realized that THE Alessia Russo is crying because she hurt me.

"I'm fine." I mutter while still looking at her cry.

"Hey, it's ok, I mean it." I try to comfort her while giving her a hug.

"I'm so sorry, I swear I didn't mean to hurt you. Oh my god" she says as she starts pacing around.

The first thing I think to do is I go up to her and I give her a big hug. I can tell she's been through stuff lately just by looking at her.

"I'm Ava by the way, your new assistant manager."

As she starts to calm down she quietly says "But I'm gonna assume you're in your twenties?"

"I am but my football career hasn't gone the way I expected it to and plus I got a job offer so I guess y'know." I replied.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that and also the mild concussion I think I gave you."

I chuckle.

Then Jonas comes bursting through the door frantically saying that he couldn't find a medic or physio but then he starts to realize that I was fine and that me and Alessia were just having a conversation about where we grew up and that stuff.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Ava."

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks guys!" I say quite enthusiastically

"Erm.. I better get going but I'll see you guys later yeah?" i say.

"Yeah! Um.. Ava, can I get your number, y'know for work?" Alessia asks.

"Yep, it's 020-567-7343!" I gladly told her.