14; love affair.

emmy woke up hearing arguing from the other room, belly's room.

she pulled herself together, standing up. the room around her was spinning, she quickly moved to head to belly's room, opening up the door to see laurel and her arguing.

"susannah would never forgive you for abandoning her boys. she would never even believe..—" laurel whacks belly right across the face, giving her a hard slap. belly gasped, in complete utter shock her mom had just done that. i think laurel was even more shocked than her.

belly walked past her, finding emmy stood in her doorway. "bells..," she said to her but she budged right past her running downstairs.

"mom," emmy said in a harsh tone, "how could you do that to her?!"

"no, emily, how could you do this to me. why would you lie to me. you know better than that," her mom said turning on her next, emmy scoffed.

"maybe because i knew you'd act like this. you'd say it was stupid. that i'd ruined things enough. the only person that seems to be ruining things is you right now, we were happy before you came here. if you aren't gonna help, you might as well leave,"

emmy walked out from the room, jeremiah and conrad stood in the doorway of their bedrooms staring at her.

she shook her head and kept on walking, in times like these, times where her mother would snap at her or take random things out on her, she missed susannah sticking up for her. her calming laurel down and making her apologise. without her it was just constant yelling, emmy couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

jeremiah went after belly and conrad went after emmy, finding her in her room.

"em?" he spoke softly, walking in and shutting the door behind him. she turned to look at him. "i can't believe her..," she told him, "this is all a mess,"

he sat beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, "it's gonna work out. it always works out," he tells her as he plants a kiss on the side of her head.

"maybe it's time we all just go home..," she mumbled, the house was sold. there was no going back now.

"yeah.. maybe you're right,"

emmy, steven and conrad stood in living room, laurel walks into the kitchen, looking around in disbelief

"steven, what the hell?" laurel says to him, "mom..," "belly drunk-dials me, and i drive all night to find.. this?! i'm just glad your mom isn't here to see what you guys did to her house," laurel said directed at conrad, "mom, give up about it," emmy snapped, "you can't blame him!"