7; summer love.

it was the day of the deb ball.

emmy had barely slept since conrad had told her about susannah being ill again. it was all she could think about, never knowing when she was going to lose her. it hurt deeply. everytime she saw her she had to put on a small smile, making sure that she wouldn't know that emmy knew about it.

it was belly's big day, that was all that mattered and her and conrad weren't going to ruin that.

she sat up and looked at the other side of the bed to find conrad gone, she quickly went in the shower and got herself dressed before heading downstairs to see everyone.

"hey, good morning," conrad says as she entered the room, "hey you," her smiling as he handed her a cup of coffee, "i picked up some of those good muffins," he said grabbing them and setting them down in front of her, "thank you, con," she kissed his cheek before taking one out from the box, belly and jeremiah was sat at the counter as well, jeremiah still trying to avoid her as much as possible.

"oh, belly, you should get going," susannah says as she entered the room, "oh, and everyone, stay out of the family room. i've done all your paintings and tonight after the ball, we'll have a big unveiling," she goes on, "uh, can you put that in laurel's car, honey?" susannah said handing jeremiah belly's dress, "yeah. yeah," "hurry, hurry!" susannah said rushing belly a little.

"yeah, aren't-aren't you driving me?" "i'm going over with susannah, so i thought maybe you could drive yourself," laurel said to belly as she lifted up the keys to her car, "seriously?" belly's face lighting up with excitement, "its only a few blocks. unless you don't want to?" "yes, yes. yes!" she said taking the keys from laurel.

"drive slow, obey the lights, wait four seconds at each stop sign," laurel rants on, "i know, i know," "we'll see you at the club in a few hours," "yep!"

conrad stops her, "hey," "yeah?" "break a leg," he tells her, "that'd be bad. i'm supposed to be dancing all night," she jokes, "i just... i just mean good luck. it's, like, a thing people say. um.., yeah, have fun with jere," conrad tells her, "yeah, thanks," she nodded before turning away and walking off, acting a bit cold towards him.

"have fun bells!" emmy yells to her, "and don't crash the car!" "i won't! bye!"

steven burst into emmy's room, looking extremely disgusted and irritated.

"did you know about belly and jeremiah?!" "um, yeah?" she responded to him, "didn't you?"

"no! i just caught them kissing outside,"

"okay, so what?" she asks him confused, "everything is gonna get so messed up. jeremiah can barely keep his tongue out random people's mouths, and now he's kissing belly? he's going to hurt her i already know it,"