From Dust Till Dawn

[3rd POV]

It was a rather quiet night on the world in the kingdom of Vale. The shattered moon hung high in the night sky shining its light down onto the forest that surrounded the city. Within its walls, everybody was having a good time as many were out and about on this late evening. Enjoying this Saturday at the various restaurants, bars, or parks lit up by both the moon and streetlamps. However, walking along one of the darker streets, was a young boy. 

Woman: "Legends: stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains. Forgetting so easily that we are remnants; byproducts of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful. But he was born into an unforgiving world..."

The boy continued to walk down the street. His form mostly concealed by the black cloak he was wearing. A passerby could be able to see barely the armor he adorned glinting the little amounts of light there were on the street. As he walked, he came up to a news bulletin. The holographic screens were displaying recent events happening around the kingdom. From good to bad, there was one event that was almost broadcasted everyday. Sightings of terrible, savage monsters attacking villages and being eliminated by various Huntsmen and Huntresses. These monsters were known around the world, for as long as history could remember, as the Grimm. 

Woman: "An inevitable darkness. Creatures of destruction; the creatures of Grimm, set their sights on Man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed that the darkness was intent on returning Man's brief existence to the void. However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change..."

The boy moved away from the holoscreens returning to his journey down the street. As he continued to walk, he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. There were two men that drunkenly stumbled into an alleyway not that far from him on the other side of the street. The boy looked in both directions before making his way across. As he drew near to the alley, he could hear voices. Two of them belonged to the drunken men. The other was feminine in sound, but the tone of it conveyed fear.

Drunk 1: "Where ya goin', little lady?"

Drunk 2: "We just want to play with you."

Woman: "Gods, no... Just let me go home."

Drunk 2: "No one's coming to help you, Faunus cutie~"

Woman: "Please! Please don't do this!"

Drunk 1: "What do you think, buddy?"

Drunk 2: "Spare the rod, spoil the child~!"

Boy: "I'd walk away if I were you."

Before both men could move closer to their helpless victim, the sound of the boy's voice rung out through the alley. His shadow being casted against the back wall where they cornered the woman. All three turned their attention to the cloaked boy standing at just over six feet tall at the alley's entrance. His face was shrouded by shadow due to the little lighting but one could feel the intense stare of his hidden eyes. The woman's face lit up with hope at the sight of whom she desperately wished would be her rescuer. Both men looked at each other before looking back at the boy who just continued to stand there.

Drunk 1: "What the hell?"

Drunk 2: "Buzz off, kid! If you know what's good for you!"

Boy: "She politely asked you to cease your actions. If you won't comply, then I will use force."

Drunk 1: "Guess YOU need to be taught a lesson on what happens when you try to be a hero."

The first drunk started walking over to the boy who had reached for the weapon holstered on his leg. He covertly drew it and changed it from gun-mode to its combat knife alternate. Before the drunk could reach out to touch him, the boy brought out the knife and thrusted the butt of the handle right into the drunk's throat. The force was so powerful that it made him choke for air and sent him falling to the ground. The second drunk tried to pull a gun but was messing up to due him being impaired by the alcohol he consumed. The boy quickly made his way over lodging the knife between the man's gun and hand, and with a firm yank, pulled the gun out of his grip and into an open dumpster.