Ch. 29 near death confessions

"I'm coming baobei.. wait for baba"

.

As soon as Wei Ying knocked Wen Ruohan unconscious, he was holding onto his heart that was aching once again. Fuck, he'll die with this aching heart than in a battle.

He shook off the feeling of his aching heart and went ahead with his search for Jin Guangshan. That whor– Sect leader must be around here somewhere.

Wei Ying saw the sect leader looking through the scrolls in a packed room. He was about to sneak in when he felt someone's presence behind him. He turned around and saw Meng yao– no, Jin Guangyao smirking and attempted to stab him.

Wei Ying couldn't dodge in time so he was hurt on his side but he'll manage. He took out his smoke talismans and activated it. The smoke alerted Jin Guangshan as he gathered the scrolls and tried to hide in the best corner he could find. But in this large mist of smoke, how can he hide? By then, he heard faint whispers behind him. Like a ritual or a chant… the whispers are going too fast he was losing his mind. The smoke was slowly disappearing. Jin Guangshan saw Jin Guangyao on the floor unconscious and bleeding. He didn't think twice and did not help him but escaped the room.

Wei Ying walked through the smoke and saw the body on the floor. "Huh. I must've accidentally stabbed him. Oh well." He left the body alone and searched again.

But a specific question comes through his mind. The Jins are known for their jewelry and gold. He saw a valuable gold necklace placed on top of the table he has been working on but he'd chosen the scrolls. It must be important that he'd choose them over the jewelry. So the question is,
What's inside of those scrolls?

Wei Ying shook his head off and steadily ran for Bai Wuxiang.

He took a short pause to breathe, once he was ready once again he felt something inside him volted. Like a connection…

How? He doesn't have any golden core?

The volt inside him was making it hard for him to breathe as it was hurting. He leaned onto the wall to support himself but he slid down and sat on the floor. It was deja vu.

This was the same feeling when he ran away.

This is the only way to know..

With two fingers up, he touched the side of his forehead and concentrated…

He heard lots of people arguing…

"I told you! War is coming!"

"We can't just go to the mortal realm to fight without a plan?!"

"Everyone calm down.."

"Everyone! This is important! We're talking about Hua Ying planning to fight Bai Wuxiang!"

"For heaven's sake. Just ready your troops!"

"Everyone!" A familiar sense of voice echoed. "Fighting will not resolve the issue! MY SON IS IN DANGER AND I DON'T CARE IF I WILL BREAK HEAVEN'S RULES."

"Baba.."

The communication array went silent. Someone just joined.

"ying-er..?" Hua Cheng spoke for the first time since arriving at the array. The communication array was silent at first… "HIS HIGHNESS THE PRINCE!"

"A-ying baobei.. baba will come okay?? Stay where you are, baba and A-die will handle this..!"

"A-die.." "A-ying… baobei.. A-die is sorry. Please, tell us where you are right now..!"
Hua Cheng pleaded. It was a rare sight to see. Hua Ying chuckled. "You're still the same a-die…" he smiled sadly "Bai Wuxiang.. is back for my energy and is ready to kill me.."