Sleepovers for Heros

Wayne Manor |
August 12 14:17

Wayne Maynor looked so much more intimidating from the outside. I've been inside many times, but I have never seen the building in its entirety, as every time I'm invited in I was in the Cave previously. But last night I received a very cryptic message from Grayson, saying to meet him at the Maynor this afternoon, in civies. The weirdest thing is that I wasn't even aware that he had my number.

It took a good minute but I found a keypad and resorted to quite literally pushing their buttons until someone acknowledged me. Which totally worked, Alfred had come out of the building and met me at the gate.

"Oh thank goodness. How do I get past the gate, I don't know how rich people's houses work." The old butler gave a chuckle before doing something with the other side of the gate, making it open. "For your further reference Miss Crock, the code to the gate is 1982, and Master Bruce has already told you, you are welcome anytime. Master Dick is in the downstairs sitting room, awaiting your arrival." The Butler escorted me to the front doors where I waved bye to the man before making my way towards the sitting room.

I didn't even make it down the first hall when the Boy Wonder popped around the corner. "Great, you're here." He stated, more excited than usual. We have approximately an hour and forty-five minutes before the others show up, and I need your help setting up the snacks and games."

I followed him as he guided me past the sitting room and up the stairs. "Dude, what am I doing here? And who are the others?" I was led to the game room, which had a large mound of an assortment of blankets, pillows, games, movies, and snacks. "you're having a sleepover." It came out more as a question than a statement.

"Correction, WE are having a sleepover! I have all the necessities we will need, all we need to do is to set it up." Robin directed his attention towards the pile and its content.

I crouched down and helped Rob separate the items into their respective categories. "So who exactly is coming to this sleepover? More importantly, why was I invited, and why was I just informed about my newfound plans for the night?"

"It's the third annual summer's end. sidekick sleepover, or SSS. Which includes myself Aqua Lad, Kid Flash, and Red Arrow, previously known as Speedy. And you're invited because you are a part of the Bat team and know our secret IDs" I let out a sigh of defeat, as I expected that I was not going to be able to get out of this. "So I'm spending the night with a group of teenaged hero boys because I'm also a teenaged hero, who knows that Bruce is Batman." "Yup!" He stated. "It's going to be fun."

For the next hour, I helped Rob set up all the doodads for the event. There are mattresses scattered across the floor. The coffee table is full of snacks. And the games such as apples to apples, uno, and heads up or laid out on the couch, along with a stack of bad horror films.

The hairs on the back of my neck started tingling, alerting me of a new presence. I looked up from the snacks that I was pouring into bowls to see Bruce leaning against the doorframe watching us finish the setup. "Looks like the two of you have been busy." He had a small smile on his face which kinda made me shudder. "Yup, and we are almost done and the guys should be here any minute now." Robin responses. "It's just Wally, Kaldur' and Roy right?" The man questions us. Rob nodes and gives a mumbled 'that's right as he re-looks over the movies he picked out. I shrugged as I had only heard of one of those names before.

"Alfred has been instructed to order pizza at six. I'm going to be out all night with a business dinner and patrol. So please remember and remind the others of the sleepover safety brief. Don't add to the population, don't subtract from the population. Don't end up in the hospital, newspaper, or Jail. And keep your Identities safe."