Night Life

Batcave|
July 2nd 22:00pm EDT

I'm sweating, I can't breathe, and no matter how hard I have tried for the last 20 minutes I haven't been able to land a single hit. For the last ten months, three times a week I have been training with Batman.

He found me one night at the harbor. Sportsmaster was off on a mission and knowing that he will go harder on us when he gets back, I was doing on my own training. Breathe training is easy enough to do by myself, as it is just forcingy yourself to stay in the water as long as possible. Being the good hero that Batman is he pulled 12 year-old me out of the water, when he saw that I didn't come back up.

~flashback~
3rd person pov

Eden was on her hands and knees, coughing vigorously. Batman crouched next to her making sure she was OK. She took a sharp breath in and forced the coughs to stop.

"You a-" The Dark Knight was interpreted by the child abruptly standing up. Her clothes where dripping wet but he couldn't see any other signs of injuries.

"I was under water for a reason and you just screwed up my time. Now I have to start all over again." She yelled out. Before turning around and trying to jump back in. Batman ofcourse stopted her.

Getting a closer look at the girl, she seems  fermilor. "Where are you parents? A kid of your age shouldn't be out this late." She surged. "Maybe you should mind your own bisnness."

Something clicked in the man's mind. A resent incounter with an assassin working for the League of Shadows came to mind and she sounds just like him. Batman know he has three daughters, and the youngest would be about this girl's age.

"You are Crushers daughter, aren't you?" Batman asked

"He goes by Sportsmaster now."

"So what is a villain's kid doing trying to drowned themselves in the middle of the night?"

"Training."

"For what?"

"My father."

"Care to alaberat?"

She glared at the Bat and he glared right back.

"Your supposed to be the world's best detective, figure it out." He took a moment before responding.

"His idea of training is whose." She just nodded, and sat down with her feet hanging off the edge, and the man sat beside her copying her actions.

~end of flashback~
Edens pov

After running into him again a few times the same way he offered to help me train. Training under Batman has given me a new found appreciation for heros. Logically it still doesn't make sense to me, they gain nothing from it. Robin says it's not what is gained but what is not lost. Not quite sure what he means by that still. Batman says I won't until I experience it for myself.

"Take a break." Batman's cold voice rang through the cave. He walked off the sparing mat and sat in his chair. I know we didn't stop on his account.

"I, can, keep, going." I breathed out.

"No you can't. Not with out injury to your lungs." With that statement I gave in. After he says something like that there is no point in arguing. I collapse to my knees and the coughing and wheezing start.

My inhaler is slid across the floor to me, and I take a couple hits before siting up straight myself.

"Your sparing time has increased." He states plainly. I give him a smile before taking another hit off the inhaler.

"Take a shower and head home. Your done for the night." I scrunched up my face. "It only ten, we have barley started." He tries his bat glare but it's not very effective. So I shoot a glare right back. As my glare has gotten more effective, he caved.

Dramatic sigh from Batsy "Robin has a friend over for the night and he has a tendency to destroy everything and I have been down here for two hours, so who knows what they have gotten into." I stiffen my chukale. It's rare to see B act like a father, but it's hilarious evreytime.

"This is why I don't tell you things." I couldn't hold it back any longer. I was laughing so much. A quick glance at Bruce showed a small smirk on his face.

They never told me directly their identity, but after a few times of an unmask Robin forgetting I was down here training, I figured it out. We don't really mention it, and we go about it as though I have always known.

"Get a shower, and maybe I'll let you up stairs for some of Agent A's cookies." That was all I needed to run off and get cleaned off before meeting B in some civies by the stairs, and we go up together.

Wayne Maynor is very large house if you can call it that. It looks like it came right out of a gothic magazine, with its color scheme, and decorative choices. But over the last few months I have have gotten pretty comfortable here.

"Does your mother still not know about you nightly activities?" Bruce asked as we head to the kitchen.

"Not at all. She thinks I'm at a party with a bunch of highschoolers." His look told me that I was to expand upon that line of thought.

"Do you see the way I'm dressed? And I left with some friends who are know for parting."

"She let you go?"

"Nope. There's not much she can do to stop me. Being in a wheelchair and all."

"And why not just tell her what you are actually doing?"

I scoff. "Yeah, because my mother would be so much more ok with me continuing my training then being a troubled kid trying to have some fun." He nodded his head in agreement.

"At some point you'll need to tell her."

"I know." He stopped walking so, so did I. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "You don't need to tell her right now. Your not in the field, so your not in any risk. But at some point or another you should consider it. She is your mother, and she is trying very hard to prove it."

I look down, trying to hide the emotions crossing my eyes. "I've never had a parent.  And it's been hard enough living in the same house as her. She left me, Bruce. She left me with Sportsmaster. Even before she was arrested. I don't want to lose what I have here."

"You won't lose us Eden. And No one is forcing you to tell her. But legally she is your gardean. Keep that in mind." I nodded my head "now come on, let's go get some cookies."

The kitchen in Wayne Maynor is very large. It is also one of the only rooms in the house that has been updated within the last 200 years. At the island Robin and another kid sat. The boy had bright orange hair, and freckles where splattered across his face. With our entry Rob turns around and the boy followed his movements.

"Hey guys. How was training." The boy beside him practically telaported infront of me. "Hi. I'm Wally, Wally West. Do you have a name, or better yet a number." I could here the palm of B's hand hit his face, before walking off to the cookies.

I Flash Wally a smile before. "Yeah I think I have it right here." I reach into the pocket of my Jacket and pulled out my hand flipping off the boy. "Screw off playboy. I'm here for cookies, and cookies only." Robin fell off his stool laughing his siguntur boy wonder laugh. I push past the red head and grabbed my well discovered Alfred's cookies.

"I got to go. I'm meeting some friends at a party. Happy 4th." And with that I left the kitchen, went back down into the Batcave and out through the zeta-tube.