Chapter 9: Claiming

It was still very clearly the middle of the night when she was woken up, his teeth scraping deliciously against the juncture of her neck and shoulder and his cock hard and insistent behind her, pressing against her entrance. She moaned, her hips automatically bucking back against him, a gush of heat immediately pooling between her legs.

But his hand clamped tight across her hips, forcing her to still even as his other curled around her front and up to circle the base of her throat. She whimpered at what felt like claws pricking at the skin of her throat and belly through her thin nightgown.

Only to realize with a thrill of apprehension that they were claws.

"You're sure you want me to do it?" His voice was low and dangerous against her ear, causing a shiver to race up her spine.

And, if anything, the heat growing low in her belly flared hotter. Her thighs pressed together against the needy ache beginning to throb between them.

She knew exactly what he was asking.

"Yes," she whispered.

She gasped, another moan hitching in her throat as he growled low in his chest and nipped at her pulse point with teeth that felt far too sharp, bucking his cock hard against her bottom.

But then the bulk of him pressed against her back was abruptly gone, and he was hauling her up and out of the bed.

She blinked blearily as he led her from the bedroom and out of the little cottage out into the night, utterly bewildered. Immediately she was shivering, her very skin feeling tight as the sheen of sweat that had begun to form on her skin at the dark promise in his growling voice chilled in the cool night air. The moon over head was fat and bright, warning that the Full Moon was imminent.

His hand was tight on hers as he all but hauled her after him across the clearing that housed their cottage into the woods that sheltered it. The ground beneath her bare feet was cool and damp, the leaf litter and forest loam soft and spongy, their passage stirring up their thick, rich scent into the air as he led them deeper between the looming trees and sparse underbrush.

She nearly collided with his broad back when he abruptly stopped as they broke into another, smaller clearing.

A more intimate clearing.

Pressing against his back she leaned into his body heat as she hugged herself tight with the arm not still trapped in his firm grip. The clearing was perhaps no larger than the footprint of their cottage, if that, and was presided over by a massive, ancient oak. The ground was thick with leaf litter among the sprawling roots of the oak, the air perfumed with it.

And above them, through the break in the trees, the nearly-full moon hung high.

She gasped when he was suddenly tugging her out into the moonlight toward the natural hollow created by the old oak's massive roots. She nearly collided with him again when he stopped and turned back to her, dropping her hand to haul her hard against him.

And then his mouth was on hers. She cried out into his mouth at the ferocity of it, his arm like iron curled around her back, crushing her against him, his fingers tangling roughly in her hair as he angled her head so he could better plunder her mouth, his claws sharp against her skin.

But even as alarm made her chest feel tight, heat was swiftly surging in her veins, rushing south to gather in a tight, molten coil between her legs. He growled low in his chest as she hooked her arms around his broad shoulders and pressed against him, rubbing her breasts against his bare chest. Her legs parted around his muscled thigh as she tried to hook her leg around him, sandwiching his twitching cock tight between their abdomens.