Chapter 39

A/N: I've kept it here that Lex and Bex have their abilities, just to make it a little more fun :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Keefe forgot how much trouble the Dizznee triplets caused.

Keefe was taking care of them for an hour and he made the mistake of leaving some sweets out unattended which the triplets stole and ate, so now they were all over the place. It didn't help that two of the triplets had their abilities and were causing a ruckus by using them. Especially Bex, she kept going through the walls and appearing out of nowhere while Lex made the floor all icy and slippery so when Keefe would attempt to run after one of them, he'd slip and fall on his ass.

"Guys! Come onn! Please come out?!" Keefe called out, desperate to find the triplets and to somehow get them to relax.
"What's in it for us?" Bex asked, popping her head through a wall.
Keefe quickly looked over and he attempted to leap over to grab Bex but she went back through the wall, causing Keefe to hit his hands against the wall.
"Ow!" Keefe wailed.

Keefe groaned as he ran his fingers through his hair.
"What do you guys want?" Keefe asked, looking about to see if one of the other triplets were around.
Suddenly a slide made of ice appeared.
"We can have whatever we want?!" Rex asked as he slid down the slide Lex had created.
"You can have whatever you want!" Keefe exclaimed, looking at Rex as the young male ran over to him once he slid down.
Lex quickly slid down the slide.
"So if Bex wanted to kiss you-" Lex began.
"LEXX!" Bex wailed, from above where the start of the ice slide was.
Keefe grimaced. God, he hated how the two boys kept teasing Bex about her little crush on him.
"Uh...I have a boyfriend so-" Keefe began.

"You have a boyfriend?! Like Dex?" Rex looked up at Keefe.
Keefe smiled slightly at Rex.
"Yes, like Dex." Keefe nodded.
Lex quickly ran over to Keefe as Bex slid down the slide once Lex got off.
"You're also dating Fitz?!" Lex asked.
Keefe blinked.
"No. Uhm, ew." Keefe said.
"Fitz is also cute, what do you mean ew?" Bex questioned as she got off the slide.
"I've known Fitz since we were kids, so I know how disgusting he can be!" Keefe exclaimed.
"And I do not have those kind of feelings for Fitz so-"

"So who is your boyfriend then?" Rex asked.
"His name is Tam Song-" Keefe began.
"Don't know him!" Lex shook his head.
"Nope! You must be lying!" Bex exclaimed.
"Mmh, even the name sounds fake!" Rex agreed with Bex.
Keefe scoffed.
"He is very real!" Keefe exclaimed.
"If he's real, invite him over! Let's meet this...Sam Tong." Lex stated, squinting his eyes at Keefe.
Keefe raised his eyebrows, sort of in surprise and disbelief by these children.
"...It's Tam Song." Keefe said, looking at Lex.
"Ooh...I thought I could trick him into confessing his 'boyfriend' was fake." Lex said, looking at Rex and Bex.

Keefe sighed as he got out his imparter.
"Okay, you wanna meet Tam? I'll hail him to come over!" Keefe exclaimed.
The triplets looked at Keefe, waiting for him to hail his so-called boyfriend.
Keefe rolled his eyes as he held his imparter in front of him.
"Hail Tam Song."
It took a few moments for the imparter to connect and Tam's image appeared.
"What do you need Sencen?" Tam asked.
"Heyyy Tammy!" Keefe smiled.
"Soo, the triplets don't think you're real and think I'm lying about having a boyfriend, so could you please come to Rimeshire? "
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"...This isn't an excuse to get me to help out with them?" Tam asked.

"Hey! Why would he need help with us?! We're such angels!" Bex exclaimed.
"Yeah!" Rex and Lex agreed in sync.
Tam blinked.
"Oh they're there with you..." Tam sighed.
Keefe smiled. "Yeahhh...uh, so you gonna come over?"
Tam looked at Keefe.
"I'll be there in 10 minutes." Tam said.
"Cool! See you soon, love youu!" Keefe grinned.
Tam's cheeks turned red.
"I'm not saying that in front of children, bye Keefe." Tam said.
Tam had hung up on Keefe and Keefe pouted as he put away his imparter.

"hehehe, your boyfriend doesn't love you back~!"
"Oh why you little-!"

*****

Tam was awkwardly waiting outside the door. He had rung the bell but it was taking Keefe a little while to greet him.
Just as Tam was contemplating on leaving, the door opened and Keefe looked...exhausted.
"Tam! Hello!" Keefe exclaimed, smiling.
"Hey-" Tam began.
Tam then looked down to see the two of the triplets clinging onto Keefe's legs and the other was on Keefe's shoulders. How he didn't see Bex on Keefe's shoulders a moment ago, he must've just focused on Keefe's face before actually taking in the surroundings.
Tam couldn't suppress his smile.
"Uh...Hi Lex, Bex and Rex." Tam said, looking at the triplets.
"Hiii Tamm!" Lex grinned.
"Hiiii!" Rex smiled tugging on Keefe's shirt.
"heyyy!" Bex smiled, tugging on Keefe's hair.
"Ow! Hey, watch it!" Keefe exclaimed, unable to glare at Bex.

Tam looked at the triplets and at Keefe. Keefe looked at Tam, his facial expression begging for Tam to do something.
"Hey Bex, why don't you sit on my shoulders instead? Since your brothers are...clinging onto Keefe's legs. " Tam suggested.
"Oh! Cool!" Bex exclaimed, instantly hopping off from Keefe's shoulders.
Keefe groaned as soon as Bex climbed off of him.
Bex then went over behind Tam and Tam crouched down, allowing Bex to climb up on his back and onto his shoulders. Tam held onto Bex's legs as he stood up.
Keefe looked at Tam.
"You're my savior." Keefe stated.
Tam smiled and rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, yeah." Tam said, entering the home. 
Keefe shut the front door.

"Now, why don't we play a game of hide and seek? Keefe can be the seeker and the rest of us hide!" Tam suggested.
"Yeahhh!!" The triplets all exclaimed.
Rex and Lex let go of Keefe's legs and Keefe let out a sigh of relief.
"Can I stay on your shoulders though?" Bex asked.
"...I'll carry you until we find a place to hide." Tam said.
"Because if we hide and you're still on my shoulders, Keefe will be able to find us a bit more easier and we don't want that, do we?"
"Nope! Thank you Tam!" Bex exclaimed.

Tam looked at Keefe, who was looking at him with disbelief and admiration.
"Count to 100 and then come after us." Tam said, a grin on his face.
Keefe blinked, snapping out of his thoughts.
"Mmh? Right, yeah okay! Go on and hide then, you little rascals!" Keefe exclaimed, facing the wall as he covered his eyes with his hands.
Rex and Lex began to giggle as they ran off.
"Tam! Tam! Go up the stairs!" Bex exclaimed.
"Shh, Keefe will know where we're hiding if you say it out loud." Tam said, beginning to make his way towards the stairs.
"Oh! Okay! I'll just point to where we should go then!"Bex said.
"Mmh, alright." Tam smiled.

As Keefe began to count out loud, his eyes covered so he couldn't cheat, he couldn't stop thinking about how great Tam was with the triplets. I mean, he managed to get the triplets to stop clinging onto him and let Bex sit on his shoulders instead? 
Keefe didn't think it was possible for him to fall even more in love with Tam Song.

*****

Keefe let out an exasperated sigh as he flopped down onto the couch. Tam followed behind Keefe, sitting next to him.
"I don't think I would have been able to put them to bed if it weren't for you." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
Tam smiled at Keefe.
"I told you I was good at taking care of kids." Tam said, shrugging.
Keefe smiled at Tam.
"You really are." Keefe said.
Keefe slipped his hand into Tam's.
"I mean, god Tam I just- mmh, you'll be a great dad one day." Keefe said, looking at Tam.
Tam raised his eyebrows.
"I am...quite a few years away from that." Tam said, smiling at his boyfriend.
"And I'm not sure if I'll even want kids, but thank you."
Keefe tilted his head.
"You don't want kids?" Keefe asked.

"...Keefe, we're teenagers." Tam stated.
"The only things on my mind right now are grades, school, finals, uh our match lists, and obviously people I love and care about."
Tam looked at Keefe and Keefe hummed. Keefe didn't really look at Tam.
"...Have you already started thinking about that stuff-?" Tam asked, a little confused.
Keefe's cheeks turned red.
"Well, not into like too much detail..." Keefe shrugged.
"But I guess, a little? I mean, okay we've been boyfriends for like a few weeks now but sometimes I like to think about where we're going. Like after Foxfire, what'll happen. Y'know, marriage, and then the possibility of adopting..."
Tam stared at Keefe as he spoke. Tam felt himself smile as he seen how excited Keefe seemed to look as he spoke about their future.

"Have I mentioned you're so madly in love with me?" Tam questioned.
Keefe's face turned red and he looked at Tam.
"Oh shut up." Keefe scowled.
Tam snickered and rolled his eyes.
"Seriously, it's cute that you're already thinking about that stuff but...focus on the present, mmh?" Tam said.
Tam squeezed Keefe's hand and Keefe smiled.
"Ugh, you're telling me you don't want me to start looking for rings to propose to you with?" Keefe questioned, a grin on his face.
Tam let out a laugh and he quickly pecked Keefe's cheek.
"Not just yet." Tam said.
Keefe hummed. "Alright, whatever you want Tammy."

Keefe and Tam both then heard the front door open and shut.
"Oh, Kesler and Juline are back." Keefe said, letting go of Tam's  hand as he got up.
"Let's go and let them know everything went well."
"Do they know you invited me over to help?" Tam asked as he got up.
"I messaged Juline about it, I think..." Keefe said, shrugging.
"You're hopeless."Tam rolled his eyes.
"A hopeless romantic." Keefe grinned as he and Tam began to exit the living room.
Tam smiled, shaking his head.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1575

A/N: Next chapter will be a short timeskip! Just a little heads up ^^