Chapter 9 Why did She..

When everything was going well, Haerin was struggling with her work in the office. She used to take a break, but didn't want to.

Haerin's POV

I stared at the screen of my computer and realized that it was already 12 pm. I paused typing on the keyboard and reached for my phone on the table. I picked it up, opened it, and called my mother.

Suddenly, she picks up the call. "Hi Mom, how's your day going?" I asked in a sweet tone.

"It's great, sweetie. What's going on? Why did you call, Mom?"

"uhm so..I need Danielle's number. I don't have it since yesterday. Could you give it to me?"

My mother chuckles at my request. "Sweetie, of course. She's your wife. I would give it to you."

I let out soft giggles as well. "Thank you, Mom. I appreciate it. Love you." I say it with a gentle voice as the call comes to an end. As she sends me Danielle's number, I quickly open a chat with her and send her a text message.

Me:

It's me,Haerin.

Danielle:

Haerin? How did you get my number?

Me:

I got it from my mom and I need to tell you that I'm not able to pick you up from uni.

Me:

I've got a lot of work to do. You'll have to make your way home by yourself.

Danielle:

Fine

I leave her on read and put my phone on the table, sighing as I continue tapping away on the keyboard and focusing on the computer screen. I knew that she would be even more annoyed with me after this, but I tried to block out the thought and focus on my work instead.

Danielle's POV

I let out a soft sigh and shook my head, then I put my phone back in my handbag. I continued eating my lunch, with Hanni and Minji sitting beside me. I was sitting between the two of them, as it was lunchtime.

"Hey Minji, could you send me to my dad's house? I need to get my car back, it's been there for two days and I already miss my car" I said, looking up at Minji.

Minji replied, "Sure, I can take you there. By the way, Are you free today? Or do you want to go to your bakery shop?" She added, "Hanni and I decided to go karaoke after our classes end."

Minji added, "Wanna come with us?" She continued, "Come onnn Danii come with us! It's going to be fu-" her words got cutted and she sighed in sacarstic way , Hanni spoke "Haerin doesn't mind right? Let's gaurr then"

I chuckled at their reactions, as it seemed like they really wanted me to come with them. I shrugged and replied, "I think..it's fine if i tell her first about this and I'll go! Let me tell Haerin first." Hanni and Minji smiled at each other and said in unison. "YES! LET'S GAUR" Seeing my friends happy reactions made me feel warm inside.

I smiled sweetly at them and took my phone out of my handbag. After turning it on, I started chatting with Haerin.

"Uhm Haerin, I'm going to hang out with my friends and I don't know when I'll be home. That's all" I told her through a text message.

______

After our classes ended, Minji told me that she would take me to the karaoke place before sending me to my dad's house, and I agreed. We headed to the karaoke spot and had fun singing together. Hanni and I sang together while Minji took pictures and recorded videos of us. We couldn't stop laughing at each other.