Chapter 3 Rude

Danielle's POV

I live with my father, who had always been a sweet and soft-spoken person I knew as my dad, became cold-hearted and almost unrecognizable after my mother's death seven years ago when I was only 13 years old.

As an only child, I often feel lonely and wish for more support and companionship.

However, I am grateful to have two dear friends, Hanni and Minji, who are always there for me. Even though they are a few months older than me, we have a strong bond and understanding of one another.

My best friends, Hanni and Minji, have always been supportive of everything I've wanted to do, and they love my bakery shop. They come to the shop often because they love bread so much, and it makes me happy to see them happy. They know me better than anyone.

"Dani!" I heard someone tapping me on the shoulder and snapped out of my daydream.

I looked up to see Hanni standing in front of me with a worried expression. "Did you hear me or not?" she asked, sounding a little frustrated.

I shook my head and apologized, "I'm sorry, Hanni! I'm a bit distracted today. Can you repeat what you said?"

Hanni giggled and looked at me with a sympathetic expression. "I can't accompany you after our classes ended because Minji is asking me on a date," she explained, her voice dropping into a pouty tone.

I smiled at her and hugged her tightly. "It's fine, Hanni. I understand. You go have fun with Minji, I'll be fine alone at the bakery shop." I said it with a sweet and soft tone while smiling at her and giving her a warm hug.

Hanni's eyes widened and she leaned over to kiss me on the cheek, "I LOVE YOU DANIII' she said. I giggled and added, "I love you too, Hanni,"and we both broke out in a fit of giggles, looking back at the memory with a smile on my face.

______

Once I arrived at the bakery shop, I parked my car in the parking lot in front of it and headed inside.

As I opened the door, my worker greeted me, "Welcome back, Miss Danielle!" she said, waving at me with a sweet smile on her face.

I smiled and waved back at her. After ordering coffee and carrot bread, I sat on my chair by the window. It was a bustling place, with customers coming and going and the sounds of the dough rising in the oven filling the air.

"What a lovely day," I said with a happy tone while smiling and taking in the view from the window. I felt at peace, knowing that I had a wonderful life and that my friends Hanni and Minji would be by my side, supporting me no matter what.

While I was eating my bread and enjoying the view, I saw a pretty woman with cat-like eyes and attractive hands sitting in front of my table. "Oh my gosh. She had such a gorgeous appeara- wait what."

I let out a soft gasp, realizing that she was so gorgeous I was almost unable to comprehend it.

I shook my head and returned to reality, taking a peek at her again before she noticed me staring at her.

However, she did notice that I was staring at her, and she gave me a dirty look. This caused my eyes to widen in shock, and I rolled my eyes.

"Who does she think she is !? So mean !" I thought to myself. I was just admiring her beauty from a distance, and I didn't mean to bother her. I huffed, trying to brush off the interaction and focus on the work at hand.

My facial expression shifted from one of amazement towards her, to one of annoyance and disapproval. My emotions shifted quickly as I realized that her behavior was making me feel annoyed.

Haerin's POV

While I was doing my work, I noticed someone was staring at me. She had a pretty face, but I felt uncomfortable because she looked at me with an amazed expression.

I thought to myself, "What a weirdo." I gave her a dirty look and squinted my eyes a bit in suspicion. It was clear that I was not happy with the attention she was giving me, and I wanted her to know it. I continued doing my work.

As I finished my work, I stood up and made my way to the counter to place my final order before exiting the shop.

"Can I have three cinnamon rolls and two French bread, please?" I asked in a calm voice, feeling excited as I knew how much I loved these items.

The cashier nodded and I paid for the order. As I received my food, "I couldn't wait to take a bite!". I left the shop, feeling grateful for the great experience I had.

After I exited the shop, I realized that I left my MacBook on the table I sat at earlier.

"Oh fuck-" I exclaimed, running back into the shop to retrieve it.

Fortunately, my laptop was still there, but the girl from earlier was now laughing at my actions.

I looked at her with an annoyed expression but she began to speak. "You should be grateful that I was watching your things," she said, rolling her eyes. "If I hadn't been watching, it would be gone by now."

I took a deep breath and calmly replied, "I understand that you were trying to help, but I would appreciate it if you could have been kinder in your approach."

Danielle's POV

My eyes widened in shock when I heard those words coming from her mouth.

"What? You're the one who started everything first!" I groaned in an angry tone, but still lowering my voice as to not cause a scene.

The tall woman showed a cold expression towards me and then added, "You should be more polite to strangers." She said it in a cold tone.

I gasped, "How rude.. I hope I don't see you again!" I said it in an outraged voice, my temper rising. However, the woman ignored me and took her belongings, leaving the shop without so much as a second glance.

To be continued....