Chapter 5 Afraid

No one's POV

After that incident, Danielle has been quiet these days. Her friends are worried about her.

Danielle's POV

I looked out the window in the class and someone approached me. "Dani? What's wrong with you these days? I'm worried about you. Minji is too."

Hanni said it with a worried expression on her face. Then, I looked at her with a sad face, showing my emotions.

"I'm not... The things that have been making me feel frustrated still affect me to this day! I'm tired of it all!"

I said it with an emotional voice. Hanni hugged me when she heard what I was saying.

"Dani... I'm your friend, you could have told me earlier. I'm here to listen." She said it in a comforting tone and rubbed my back as she hugged me.

"Thanks, Hanni. I feel so much better now." I hugged her back tightly.

As we broke our hug, Hanni said with a curious face, "So, what's happening?"

I took a deep breath and replied, "I'm going to get married next week."

Hanni's eyes widened in shock, and she let out a loud gasp. "WHAT?? That's insane!" She said with a hint of bitterness in her voice. "I know! It's not what I want, but my dad is forcing me to get married. It's a tough situation."

Hanni added, "But with who?", her expression still filled with concern.

I sighed, "I don't even know! The whole thing feels so surreal and terrifying. But I'm glad I have your support, Hanni. If anything happens after I get married, I'll know I can come to you for help, and knowing that is huge. I appreciate it."

Hanni gasped and held my hand tightly, her voice low and full of concern. "WHAT- but it's okay, don't be afraid. Me and Minji are here for you, and we'll always support you."

I smiled, feeling a sense of comfort from Hanni's words. "Thank you, Hanni. It means a lot to me to have your support. And if you don't mind, I'd like to tell you a bit more about the whole situation and why my dad is so keen on me getting married so soon."

Hanni nodded, her eyes full of understanding and care. "Of course, Dani. I'm here for you, no matter what. Let's talk."

I sigh and nod, smiling weakly at Hanni. "So...my dad told me I'm going to get married to his friend's daughter."

"I'm not ready yet...plus you know what happened to me two years ago, right? It's been a long time, and I still get affected by that incident to this day. I'm afraid I can't go with another person again."

Hanni hugs me tightly and speaks in a comforting voice, "Don't worry. Me and Minji will always be by your side. Don't be afraid, okay? I know it's hard to forget the past, but we can't do anything to protest. Besides, maybe your dad did this for a good reason?"

I hug her back and break the hug, my voice trembling slightly. "Thank you, but my dad just said it's because of his stupid company. He doesn't care about my feelings, only money..."

Hanni looks at me with concern in her eyes. "I'm so sorry to hear that. But don't worry, we'll support you no matter what. I just hope your dad will realize that you're not just a piece of property, you deserve happiness, too."

Hanni added, "I know it's hard to accept the reality in your life right now, but you've done the best you could! With a smile on her face, she reached out and held my hand as a sign of support.

"Thank you for understanding me," I said, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. I gave her another hug, and she hugged me back.

She nodded and spoke, "Welcome, Dani," with a sweet smile.

"I hope the person I'm getting married to won't use me as a toy! I'm tired of being treated that way," I said with a groan and a pout.

Hanni laughed at my action and squeezed my hand. "Don't worry, trust me, she'll be better than your ex."

I crossed my arms and turned away, responding, "Well, I hope so. I'm not going to fall in love with her just because we're getting married. I've been hurt too many times, and I'm not going to let it happen again."

Hanni's eyebrows widened, "Are you sure, Miss Danielle Marsh? We'll see." She teased me.

I hit her shoulder, "I'm serious, okay?" Hanni giggled.

"What's her job? Is she a doctor? Teacher? Or maybe she's in the army?" Hanni added with genuine curiosity.

I spoke, "I think she is... oh! A CEO of one of the biggest and most successful companies in the world."

Hanni's eyes widened in shocked surprise, and she gasped, "What the- girl! You're lucky!!!" She shouted in an excited tone.

I giggled and continued, "But I still don't want to get married... ugh, life sucks!" I groaned in a disappointed way.

Hanni replied, "You should be grateful, Dani. You know there are many people who would want a person like the one you're marrying. I bet she's the kind of person you see in novels or something I've read." She giggled and teased me.

I responded, "I don't care! All I care about is spending time with you and Minji, not her!" I spoke in a serious way.

Hanni giggled and replied, "Awww, same! Minji and I also want to spend our whole life with you. Chill, okay?" She giggled.

I laughed and hugged Hanni again. "Thank you for everything," I said it with a sweet and calm voice.

Hanni replied, "You're welcome, Dani." She hugged me back, and suddenly Minji came into the class and approached us.

"Did I miss something?" Minji asked in a curious tone while tilting her head to the side.

Hanni, breaking the hug, gave Minji a side eye and spoke in a serious tone, "Go away, I'm still mad at you."

Minji spoke, "Are you still mad at me, Han?" She hugged Hanni and kissed Hanni's cheek.

I spoke, "Hey guys! I'm still here! Go get a room!" I rolled my eyes at them and giggled.

Minji and Hanni giggled and Minji spoke, "My ba-". Hanni cut off Minji's words before she could continue. Hanni was still mad at Minji, but she was trying her best to get Hanni not to be mad at her again.

As I watched their drama, I laughed a lot and forgot about the marriage and the past. I felt much better right now. I hoped this moment would never end.

~To be continued~