Making Decisions

"Now try again. Say pa-pa"

"Ba...mmba- pa!!"

Jackie squealed with excitement. He picks Robbie up and spins him softly. Pressing soft kisses to his son's cheek, "Oh I'm so proud of you!! Alicia!!! Alicia you won't believe it!! Robbie said his first words!!"

Jackie ran out of Robbie's room. Holding the boy as he rushed to his shared room.

Alicia looks over just as she finished changing. Rising a brow at Jackie, "really now?"

Jackie nods happily, "Well, sorta. He's getting there! Look! Robbie say papa!"

Robbie flared his arms a bit. Happily tapping Jackie's hands while looking up at him, "ba!...p-pa!"

Alicia looked at Jackie. Looking quite unimpressed. Watching how excited Jackie got-cooing at Robbie, "Jackie, he's just saying words. He's one years old now and he can't even form proper words! At one I was already saying mama!"

Jackie frowned, covering Robbie's ears-he knew how sensitive his son was for loud noises, "Alicia...the doctor said it'll take some extra time for him to learn. Longer than the average child. At least he's making it to 'pa'! That's basically a word."

Alicia could only roll her eyes, huffing, "Whatever. You ready? We have to go to the orphanage soon. Might as well take the shrimp with us" as she spoke, she was fixing her hair in the mirror. Fixing even the slightest flaws she spotted.

Jackie huffs, picking up Robbie and carrying him to his room. Jackie felt the boy squirming in his arms-just sighing softly as he set him down to play, meanwhile he searched for some clothes.

While looking through Robbie's closet-Jackie could hear Alicia singing softly from the hall. Finally grabbing some clothes for their 1 year old, a white shirt with brown elephants with brown overalls.

On their way to go to the orphanage-he could see Alicia smiling more than normal. Jackie of course thought it was because of them adoption a baby-not knowing the real reason.

Robbie was in his car seat-playing with his rattle stuffy, Ellie the elephant. Babbling nonsense as he played.

Soon when they pull up to the orphanage-Jackie got out and helped Robbie out. The boy refused to be carried-wiggling around to be set down.

Holding Jackie's hand-Robbie walks into the orphanage with Jackie, Alicia following behind.

"Oh hello! Are you guys here for the appointment??" The front desk man asked. Smiling brightly as he looks at the couple walking in.

Jackie nodded, "Yep! We're looking to adopt! It should be under either Jackie or Alicia"

Alicia looked around the place. Seeing how fancy it looked. Her smiling growing, 'they must have normal, formal kids here.' She thought with a chuckle before looking at Robbie, 'He'll be left out but it doesn't matter'

"Oh yes! It's under Jackie-it says here you guys are searching for new kids and to drop off one. Is that correct?" The man spoke, looking up.

"What- drop off? No..." Jackie says, holding Robbie's hand tighter as he looks back at Alicia, "excuse me sir."

The man at the front desk could already see the tension. He clears his throat, "I'll go help get the kids ready-" he spoke before walking off.