Ch 4

A short while later, Imani, Spencer, and Olivia walked into a big, glamorous building together. Imani was in the middle, with Spencer and Olivia on either side, linked arm in arm. "Ooo, two dates—I must be special," Imani jokes, earning chuckles from Olivia and Spencer. "You are special," Olivia replies causing Imani to smile back.

"Wow," Spencer exclaims , taking in the surroundings around them. "Yeah, this is something," Imani remarks, gazing around in amazement. "Typical Beverly Hills," Olivia comments, not as impressed as the others.

Suddenly, Layla spots them and approaches with a smile. "Spencer, thank goodness you're here," Layla said, her heels clicking on the floor as she walks toward them. "David Shay was asking for... what?" she asked, glancing at Spencer.

Olivia rolled her eyes at Layla, catching Imani's attention, who looked at her with confusion, while Spencer just smiled. "I had no idea you'd be here," Spencer said, eyeing Layla up and down.

"I told you, I'm the stu-co president," Layla told Spencer, smiling as she motioned behind her. "We sponsor all of the booster events."

"Oh, hi Imani," Layla greeted, noticing Imani, who hadn't spoken until then. "I'm sorry, who are you?" Imani asked, looking at her. "I'm Layla. Layla Keating. It's so nice to meet you."

"Uh," Imani starts out, but Layla interrupted her, "Sorry if I interrupted you guys, that wasn't—" Layla began, but Olivia cut her off. "Hey, why stop now?" Olivia said with a tight-lipped smile, making Spencer look at her. Imani felt awkward and looked away, thankful that Olivia was there to handle the situation.

"Ahem," Spencer clears his throat awkwardly. "Well, you look great in your suit," Layla compliments. "Thank you," Spencer replies with a smile. "And when you have a minute, I know the boosters are dying to meet you," Layla says giving her attention to Spencer.

"Can't wait," Spencer responds awkwardly as layla gives him one last smile before walking away. "That was something..." Imani says looking at Spencer. "Yeah" Spencer answers awkwardly.

...

Imani's eyes darts around, taking in every detail of the place. Just as she spots Spencer and Layla making their way out the door, confusion etched across her face.  Lost in her thoughts, she accidentally collides with a guy, sending a jolt through her body. "Oh, I'm so sorry," Imani blurts out, her eyes meeting his. The guy's gaze softens as he looks down at her. "No, it was my fault. I apologize," he replies, his voice filled with sincerity. Standing at a 6 feet 2 inches, he towers over Imani's 5 feet 7 inches. "I'm Imani," she said with a smile, prompting Theodore to respond, "Theodore, but you can call me Theo." He extends his hand, silently asking for hers. Imani accepts by putting her hand in his , and as he brought it to his lips for a gentle kiss, Theo murmurs, "A pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure's mine," she replies warmly. Before anything else was said they were interrupted by someone shouting."Why should you be sorry?!" A voice calls out, quickly making them turn over to the voice. It was none other than Harold who is Asher's father having an argument with Billy baker. Imani looks around to try to spot her two dates but can't until she and Theo move alittle closer to the situation.

"He's the reason you got hurt!" He says upset making everyone make their way closer to them. "Him and his son!" Harold adds in, making Imani look over at Jordan who now stood beside his sister.

"What are you talking about?" Billy asks the drunken father. "I'm Talking about how Jordan was behind that contested permit, and now your Crenshaw boy is bringing his anger about the situation on our field, injuring my son!" He admits causing everyone to turn their attention on the situation.