Chapter 1-Death and Resurrection

The fight at the Valley of the End is over and Naruto has won the battle, but the war is far from over as Kakashi arrives on the scene and kills Naruto. Or so he thinks. Kyuubi has other plans and won't let his vessel die. Instead Kyuubi sees the potential in Naruto and decides to take the boy under his wing to make him a warrior of legend.

The fight was over and the two warriors lay on the ground covered in blood and dirt in the depth of the Valley of the End. Uzumaki Naruto was face down on one side while his opponent Uchiha Sasuke was down on the other. Both combatants were out of chakra and had almost no strength to blink much less move.

Almost no strength.

Naruto got up slowly from the ground and looked up at Sasuke with blurry vision finding the pain from the Chidori to his chest so great he nearly blacked out after the third blink. As the blonde haired boy walked towards his friend, who had some blood on his lip, cuts, bruises, and a scar on his diagonal cheek as long as the boy's right index finger.

'A little banged up, but nothing life threatening,' thought Naruto holding his hole covered chest as he got closer to his former teammate.

It even hurt to produce a small smile.

Not far watching the two boys, Hatake Kakashi scowled at his supposed "dead last" of a student and demon container of the monster that killed his sensei. 'Look at him all smug thinking he can just do that to an Uchiha Prodigy not only that, but Kohona's Uchiha Prodigy no less. The stupid demon thinks he is so great for beating Sasuke. I don't know why Jiraiya taught him that A-class technique and not Sasuke. If anything Sasuke would be the one to perfect its using his given affinities if given the chance. I'll ask the Council to petition the Sannin to teach it to Sasuke,' thought Kakashi observing his two students only to see Naruto pick Sasuke up and onto the good side of his back with his one good arm.

Kakashi's eyes widened as he saw the hole in Naruto's chest had slowly stopped bleeding and the hole was now generating skin cells. "Come on teme let's head back to Kohona so we can get patched up and I can fulfill my promise to Sakura-chan!" said Naruto trying his best to keep himself steady along with the Uchiha on his back.

"Well what do you know the kid actually beat Sasuke? Just like he did with Subaku no Gaara during the invasion," said Pakkun clearly impressed next to his signed contractor.

Kakashi however, narrowed his eye at Naruto for taking what he felt belonged to Sasuke since he had believed it was Sasuke who defeated Gaara not the Kyuubi vessel. 'He has to be killed. He's become too powerful as it is. If he were to unleash his true power the demon fox would undoubtedly come back to Kohona to kill us all. We wouldn't be able to hold off another demon incursion from Kyuubi like we did with Arashi sealing it away into that human form,' thought Kakashi before making his decision and went through the necessary hand signs gaining his canine companions interest.

"Whoa! Kakashi what are you doing? Why are you doing hand signs for a...?" said a now surprised Pakkun only for Kakashi to mentally end the summons and make the dog soon go "poof".

"Man Sasuke when we get home and healed were going to get that seal off you from that snake-teme and then I'm taking you to get some ramen to celebrate," said Naruto looking over at a head slumped down and unconscious Uchiha Sasuke.

He barely saw Kakashi come at him with a Chidori when he turned to face forward when the sound of one thousand birds chirping entered his ear drums.