Porsche

I bit my lips, holding back my own tears as Vegas staggered away drunkenly. I loved him so much.

It was scary as to how much I loved him. But that was also my undoing. Loving him so much, what if anything was to happen to him? I don't think my heart could take it. I couldn't control on whom Chay love and wanted to be with, but I could control mine. I could also control the amount of hold enemies could have over Vegas if I wasn't in his life.

But was it worth it? Seeing him staggering around drunkenly, made me wonder if I had pulled a wrong move. I followed him discreetly as he walked towards his room. I half expected him to walk into his room but he just took a turn and went off. Where was he off to?!

I quickly followed him but just then, Kinn called me, wanting me to follow him somewhere. Shit. I was torn between following Vegas and going to report to Kinn. But I knew Kinn would kill me if I didn't report when he called me. I quickly texted Ken to go check on Vegas and I went to Kinn instead.

A little over half hour later, Kinn received a call. I looked on confusedly as Kinn got progressively angrier over the call.

"Is everything ok Kinn?"

Kinn just looked at me and sighed. "I need to go pick Vegas up. He is stone drunk and went to bash this guy at some bar. It spiralled into a fight and now half the bar is smashed and Vegas is just sitting down, bloodied, insisting on another fucking drink."

Shit. I looked at Kinn and opened my mouth, wanting to go pick him up but Kinn shot my idea down even before I could say anything.

"You aren't going. And that's it. You wanted this, so stick to it. You don't have to care about him. He needs to learn and move on. He will learn."

Kinn cut me off coldly and just left. I gripped my fists tightly and watched as he left. Ugh! About 7pm, Kinn and Vegas finally came home with Ken supporting him.

Vegas looked completely busted up and was bleeding profusely. Kinn sat him down and got the help to come with a first aid kit. I watched quietly from the sidelines as Vegas was administered first aid for his wounds.

Oddly; everyone left quietly and subtly without even me realizing. I was so invested in watching Vegas get medical aid that I didn't realize the room was empty when the help was done with Vegas. She just nodded her head at me and left quietly too.

Vegas just sat there, holding his head in his hand. I knew his head was throbbing from all of that drinking. I bit my lips as I watched him. I finally walked over to him and kneeled in front of him.

"Are you ok? Do you want a pill? Or some tea? I make you a cup, ok?"

Vegas looked up at me. His tears just came spilling down again. My heart lurched watching him. My hands reached out to caress his face subconsciously. Then I remembered and stopped halfway. Vegas saw my half drawn hand. He sighed and then stood up.

"I'm sorry for putting you in such a difficult position. I promise not to do it again. I can guess why you did what you did. Let's just roll with it then. I assure, you wouldn't have to worry about me again."

Vegas then turned and walked away, as fast as he could. I watched him walk away, my heart dropping even more with every step he took.